New to xbox 360

spanker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

ive just bought an xbox 360 250G 9 (never messed with consoles before) and have several questions hope some one could help me out.

i got the 250G version thinking (nievely) that i would be able to load my original games on to the disk and play from there instead of messing about swapping disk.

so my question is can this be done idealy without voiding the warranty? with some sort of software mod on a usb adapter, external hard drive

if so would this work with xbl.

im not to bothered about playing backed up games at the moment but this would be a bonus
i dont really want to start pulling the box apart to mod it while its under warranty

which is the easiest and most reliable mod people use at the moment?

thanks

you can copy the game to the hdd but with it not being modded in any way you'll need to put the xbox 360 game in the drive before you play it, the reason behind this is that it's installed most of the game files and just needs to confirm that the game is in the drive and then it'll spin up and play. (it's kind of good practise if you have the space to install it to the HDD saves the laser on the drives from constantly reading the disc's etc.)

The only thing that I've seen that might come in handy with out opening it up and modding it is some thing like this, http://wasabi360.com/product.html

How ever i have no idea about them as never needed one, got a jtag xbox 360 where you can install games to a HDD formatted to fat 32, the machine it's self needs to be modded to allow you to do this. with out any modifications you can not play games (copy's) or install to any HDD that i know off, how ever that wasabi thing claims that it can be done, have a look on goolge and also you tube, how ever as they say don't believe everything you see on you tube etc.

Good luck mate.

Thanks for the info ill check it out . is the xkey same type of thing?
also i read that if your box was built after 2009 it cant be jtaged is this right?

cheers

Back