New TigerBot Malware For Android Can Take Images, Record Calls And Send GPS Coordinat

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
New TigerBot Malware For Android Can Take Images, Record Calls And Send GPS Coordinates To Remote Servers

Out of all the advantages of having an open-source platform, an obvious caveat is the increased threat to security which can arise.

Although the number of Android users affected by malware has been relatively low, the platform has taken a bit of a hiding in the blogosphere, and if today’s findings are anything to go by, the trend shows little sign of petering out.

Another Security firm has found fresh new Android malware in the wild, this time controlled via SMS. The unscrupulous individuals behind the malware have explored many avenues in order to compromise the security measures and infiltrate users’ devices – even going via Facebook – and this is one of the first we’ve seen to spread via text messages. It’s been reported that this latest malware can perform numerous tasks once inside a device, such as recording calls and surrounding noise.

Full story HERE

Is there a program out yet on Android to stop malware and viruses?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Cheers m8 gave the lookout program a go

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Re: New TigerBot Malware For Android Can Take Images, Record Calls And Send GPS Coord

just out of curiousity,

if i suspect i have anything dodgy on ma puter i can sling a disk in and do a system restore...
can u do summit similer with these phones?

Re: New TigerBot Malware For Android Can Take Images, Record Calls And Send GPS Coord

not 100% sure mate as iphones are my thing , but im sure you can do a restore, just back up your apps

Back