There's a new Phantompatch in the 'Download Centre' for the TM 5402 HD

Download center

**New patches for other models also**

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
there is on for all HD models with "8281" feature
will it be as good as we hoped for ?

Good stuff another new patch for the 6 series super's too. Now its just a case of suck it and see as again there is no write up provided telling us what has been fixed and what hasn't? But hey, we have a new patch to play with so thanks to Phant0m and the technomate team.

Can someone be kind enough to provide details of new patch if possible, been on the download center website but no explanation there to be had!
Don't really want to mess with my settings unless I have to, being the lazy git that I am:yawn:

i can't see any changes on my 6902 yet still no emu for c.nl anyway
anybody see anything new on the patches ?

Hi again all,

Re: Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_120p_07-05-2012.stb (6.3MB)

I'm disappointed yet again... I've spent an hour or more testing the new patch and I really can't see anything different/new/improved from the last patch... perhaps it's the 'Online' side of the patch that has been worked on... if that is the case then someone else will have to comment on that... someone who knows what they're talking about...

As for my own aspirations for the new patch... all I can say is... oh hum... the 'Blind Search' scanner still isn't working properly... it's still not finding certain transponders even when the transponders in question are showing big/very big signals readings when the frequencies are inserted manually... it's also still attributing 45000 symbol rates to certain transponders that should have very low symbol rates... and there's still no additional S/R Search parameters in the 'Blind Search' menu...

The Signal Strength/Signal Quality meter is again only showing readings for active TP's... so (as I have stated several times before) if you are in the 'Advanced Search' menu or the 'Motorized Settings' menu and you highlight a TP that has no signal lock (a weak/very weak TP)... the Signal Quality reading (yet again) only shows the amount of Signal Quality as between 5% - 9%

On all patches before 118p you were actually able to see how close you were to a signal lock by how high the Signal Quality readings fluctuated on any TP (red bars obviously) ...but with this new patch there is again no way of knowing...

Personally... I use my TM 5402 HD mainly for 'Fringe Reception' and 'Feedhunting'... and as a consequence... the need to have a really sensitive/accurate 'Blind Search' scanner is very important... the TM 5402 HD is already blessed with one of the best/most sensitive tuners you could find in any satellite receiver... if only the Blind Search scanner was as good as the tuner...

I have checked all of the C+ NL channels again (whilst using the latest up-to-date Softcam Keyfile) and every channels still says... 'Scrambled Channel'... however... all of the other packages/channels that I tested (that were open on previous patches) all seem to be working OK

So yet again I've gone back to using...
Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_117p_20120116.stb (6.4MB)

@Phantom
Thank you for you continued support for all of the Technomate receivers... it is much appreciated mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Again why waste our time patching if the Phant0m(s) wont even tell us what a patch adds to existing patches. The total lack of information with each patch is inexcusable, surely were not expected to do his work for him in finding what a patch does then explain it to our members?
My thanks to Zorch for testing the latest patch for us but this is (or should be) Phant0ms job, and excellent though the patch may be surely a few words explanation SHOULD be attached to it.

@Phant0m

Here is an example of a simple note attached to a patch for another make of receiver, as you will see it explains what the new patch does so members are in no doubt what it does. These simple notes save members hours of trawling through all the receiver functions trying to find just what the latest patch does.

"Allows selection of Favourites Groups
Channel type can be changed from "TV" to select a favourites group. (use the L-R keys)
Digiturk 7.0E CCcam ID corrected."

Surely something along these lines could be added?

Last edited:
i have not even tryed the latest patchs beacouse i have lost all my hopes with TM

thanks Zorch too for testing TM5402 m8

Lack of information on new patches is doing my head in.
Why would Phantom and his team spend so much of their personal time writing these upgrades and then not letting members know of changes,I can only think that Technomate are under some kind of legal restriction!
It just does not make sense to me anymore!

Personally... I use my TM 5402 HD mainly for 'Fringe Reception' and 'Feedhunting'... and as a consequence... the need to have a really sensitive/accurate 'Blind Search' scanner is very important... the TM 5402 HD is already blessed with one of the best/most sensitive tuners you could find in any satellite receiver... if only the Blind Search scanner was as good as the tuner...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

@Zorch for the feed Hunting and Fringe reception you may have had better luck with the DrHd F15, From the same stable as the TM5402HD and Blade 7000 and uses exact same tuners. Looks like the Blade but has a far better menu system (in my eyes anyway) but it has what the other 2 lack a Full TP spectrum analyser ideal for feeds and fringe /weak TP's

Just to add i cant understand what happened to patch 119p as so far all patches have followed a direct numerical sequence

Lack of information on new patches is doing my head in.
Why would Phantom and his team spend so much of their personal time writing these upgrades and then not letting members know of changes,I can only think that Technomate are under some kind of legal restriction!
It just does not make sense to me anymore!

You must realize that viewing encrypted channels without a valid subscription is illegal so an importer cannot make patches without being closed down and prosecuted.
Patches are posted by third parties and their identity quite correctly must be kept a secret as they could find themselves behind bars.
However this does not mean the patch maker should be blind to our posts, the very least we should expect is a reply when we ask questions not stoney silence which to my mind shows arrogance on the patch makers part.
A few words explaining a patch would cost NOTHING except a couple of minutes of his/their time, come on Phant0m do it if not for your reputation then Technomates.

The only sensible thing would be, stop using the patched firmware!!!!... I have read a lot of threads about 'no feedback frustration'. You are all damm right.
Like I said before. TM / patching keep on ignoring us and we will ditch your brand. (if it is not already too late ..)
For the moment I would rather buy an expensive original Dreambox than TM. Tm is only good for watching pay SUBS and together with the patched firmware and CCcam client. But you know TM is not the only brand that can do this nowadays ! (and way much cheaper)

I am still in support for TM but you should listen to your customers and give them feedback when asked.
And yeah we all knew we could find patched firmware and dm loader on www.tm.co.uk/downloads section. (not anymore as the site was renewed this year)
So the 'theory' that TM does not know anything about the patched firmwares is a laugh, but I understand why. (Of course !)

The only sensible thing would be, stop using the patched firmware!!!!... I have read a lot of threads about 'no feedback frustration'. You are all damm right.
Like I said before. TM / patching keep on ignoring us and we will ditch your brand. (if it is not already too late ..)
For the moment I would rather buy an expensive original Dreambox than TM. Tm is only good for watching pay SUBS and together with the patched firmware and CCcam client. But you know TM is not the only brand that can do this nowadays ! (and way much cheaper)

I am still in support for TM but you should listen to your customers and give them feedback when asked.
And yeah we all knew we could find patched firmware and dm loader on www.tm.co.uk/downloads section. (not anymore as the site was renewed this year)
So the 'theory' that TM does not know anything about the patched firmwares is a laugh, but I understand why. (Of course !)

I agree with everything you saying why don't they make a new addon for people who want to run mgcamd added on a new addon and get the patches do do something useful i can't understand they bring out updates but it doesn't do anything major

I agree with everything you saying why don't they make a new addon for people who want to run mgcamd added on a new addon and get the patches do do something useful i can't understand they bring out updates but it doesn't do anything major
the add on does run mgcamd m8 under the newcamd protocol you enter it as n-lines

the add on does run mgcamd m8 under the newcamd protocol you enter it as n-lines

My mgcamd when i run it the line would work for like 20 to 30 minutes then i would have to turn off the connection and then put it back on to get the line working again and i have to keep doing that. I don't know why it does that when i run cccam and newcamd it works flawless but mgcamd i have that problem as i mention at the top

My mgcamd when i run it the line would work for like 20 to 30 minutes then i would have to turn off the connection and then put it back on to get the line working again and i have to keep doing that. I don't know why it does that when i run cccam and newcamd it works flawless but mgcamd i have that problem as i mention at the top
i Have ran a mgcamd line for nearly a year i only had glitching and freezes at time but this would be more to do with the server then with the tm
when the guy got an extra card the line worked perfect fo a long time. try setting your ecm-pids too it does make a big difference

i Have ran a mgcamd line for nearly a year i only had glitching and freezes at time but this would be more to do with the server then with the tm
when the guy got an extra card the line worked perfect fo a long time. try setting your ecm-pids too it does make a big difference

How to i set the ecm-pids my friend please

Back