New patches in Download Centre...

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I can't believe what I have just seen in the Download Centre... have a look for yourself... can you see what I am referring to...?

Download center

It seems to me like Technomates' right hand doesn't know what it's left hand is doing... lol

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again all,

I have posted a question about this new patch in the 'Feedback' section of the 'Download Centre'...

Download center

Let's see if someone responds... probably with the delete button... lol

Edit: ...oops!! somehow my single post/question has come up as five identical posts on there...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

i have had 5502 software for a while. i used to post on my blog about my newly found software, generally ~ 5 months BEFORE a new model of receiver arrived, but recently (last few months) other things have been more important, but, the 5502HD software has been 'about' for a while ;)

Hi again guys!
Just been trying to work out whats been going on here - all since I thought we had lost our section from a few days ago!
Yes I had noticed the observations(five to be precise!! lol!!) in the Download Centre - I had in fact responded with the obvious reply that itv all refers to the TM5302HD and not the misprinted TM5502HD!! lol!!
Hope you are all still ok on DW!!:proud:

Hi digidude,

i have had 5502 software for a while. i used to post on my blog about my newly found software, generally ~ 5 months BEFORE a new model of receiver arrived, but recently (last few months) other things have been more important, but, the 5502HD software has been 'about' for a while ;)

So have you heard anything on the grapevine about any BETA testers using this new receiver...?

Also... have you noticed anything recently suggesting that a .tbn channel editor is also going to be released for the TM-5302 HD and the TM-5502 HD...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

i have just posted pictures of the TM5502HD CI+ in my technomate software archive site

5000Series / 5502 folder

apparently its a 5302 with added CI+ hardware, i had a go of one a few hours ago

I like the space for the fan at the rear!

USB HDD adapter still going strong for TM. A temporary solution for one receiver extended to others!

Last edited:
Hi again digidude,

Thanks for your reply and for the pictures mate...

So just to confirm I have got this right... the new TM-5502 HD CI+ is simply a TM-5302 HD with added CI (cam slot)... ergo (CI+) ...not very exciting at all then... I really thought that the new TM-5502 HD was going to be something special... apparently not...

Well if that presumption is correct... then the only reason I can see for adding the CI (cam slot) would be because the card reader in the TM-5302 HD is unable to read/update certain Official Subscription cards... and the only way to resolve this problem was to add the CI (cam slot) to accommodate the use of Official CI modules for the reading/updating of certain Official Subscription cards...

It also looks like the receiver/any inserted CI module is going to run very hot... thus the receivers' casing allowing for an additional fan to be fitted... it's not looking very good is it...?

Is there nothing else new/different to report regarding the operation/performance of this new receiver... and why oh why are they AGAIN releasing another receiver which only uses .tbn files when there is still no channel editor available for these files...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
as far as i know m8, CI+ (notice the plus) is a technology that has to be licensed to receivers, and yes, it is for certain providors, i believe some turkish cards etc will ONLY run in a CI+ CAM? which will only work in a CI+ licensed receiver?

in the photo there is a header with 2 pins which could possibly be for a fan, wether there is a fan built in to the lid, i dont know m8, as the receiver didnt have a lid on it (and i didnt ask TBH)

i DID mention the general confusion caused by the lack of information, eg, people dont know anything about patches untill they 'appear' in the download center, often with no write ups, confusion over expected releases of software and hardware, which is really all 'gossip' from bits of information from people like me digging around in places

i dropped in the suggestion that they could sponsor or advertise on my blog, to be told that it wouldnt ever happen due to it 'supporting' unofficial software (finaly, a solid straight answer), and also came up with a few other ideas for 'them' to discuss, which could hopefully see something more 'constructed' in the way things are released and announced

i also forgot to ask about a tbn channel editor for the pc :(

a quick copy / paste from wiki, it mainly speaks about TV sets, but, highlights the differences between 'a CI slot' and 'CI+'

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CI+

CI Plus or Common Interface Plus implements a form of copy protection between a Conditional Access Module (CAM) and the television receiver (Host). CI+ is backward compatible with CIv1. Old television receivers, which have CIv1 CI-slot, can be used with CI+ CAM and vice versa, but for viewing only those of TV programs which are not marked as CI+ protected.
Definition

CI+ is a specification that extends the Common Interface as found in the digital broadcasting standard. It has been developed by consumer electronic firms Panasonic, Philips, Samsung and Sony, as well as pay-TV technology company SmarDTV and fabless chip maker Neotion.[1]

A first draft of the specification was put up for review early in 2008. The final version was released at the end of May 2008.

By making use of certificates and a certification authority, a trusted channel is formed between the CAM and television receiver (Host), when scrambled content is being received. In the original CI standard, decrypted content could be sent over the PCMCIA interface unscrambled. The establishment of the Trusted Authority has been completed[2] and an official security certification lab appointed.[3] With the development of CI+, the standard has now come under the umbrella of the DVB standards organisation.[4]

A CI+ compliant Host device must also implement MHEG-5 interactive TV engine to manage navigation of the user within an interactive TV application, using its device remote control.[5] Support of MHP or HbbTV interactive TV engines is optional.
Operators

The following operators have currently rolled out CI+ support or plan to do so:

France
Canal+ – launched the "Canal Ready" label for devices able to receive Canal+ channel
Germany
Kabel Deutschland – NDS conditional access and SMiT CAM modules will be used
Netherlands
Caiway – launched CI+ in October 2009[6][7]
Delta – launched CI+ in 2010
Kabel Noord – launched CI+ in 2010
UPC Netherlands – launched CI+ in 2011
Ziggo – launched CI+ in September 2009, SMiT and Neotion CAM modules are used[8]
Sweden
Boxer
Com Hem
Switzerland
Cablecom (UPC Broadband) – Starting June 2010[9]
Italy
Mediaset Premium (Digital terrestrial television) - needs CI+ slot on HD television to descramble High Definition channel Premium Calcio HD. No CI+ cams have been sold so far (the only way to receive this channel is to buy an external decoder with HDMI cable).
Romania
UPC Romania - Starting April 2012
Turkey
Teledünya
United Kingdom
Top Up TV[10]

In July 2009 the largest Cable operator in the Netherlands, Ziggo, announced that it will support CI+ based Integrated Digital Television sets (IDTVs) actively.[11][12][13] In September 2009 the first batch of 15,000 SMiT (Shenzhen State Micro Technology Co., Ltd.) CI+ CAMs was offered by various Dutch retailers, followed in October 2009 by the first batch of Neotion CAMs.[14] Other supporters include Canal+,[15] and conditional access companies Irdeto[16] and Conax.[17] NDS announced that it will support Kabel Deutschland to deploy CI+ to its customers.[18]
Compatible TV Sets

LG 2010 models all LD and LE series also MFT models MXX80D.
Many of Samsung's new LCD, LCD LED and Plasma model variants with CI+ compatible motherboards.
Many of Sony's new models including the Bravia W5500 series.
Philips new 5000 and 9000 series LCD TVs (required firmware pending according to Ziggo).
Some Panasonic models. It seems that even products with CI+ slots need a new firmware to be fully CI+ compatible. (Update 2010)

ok, a little more googling, and it seems that not a lot of unofficial satellite receivers are actually CI+ certified, or if they are, they are keeping this potential selling point very quiet.

using linux based software, i dont know if its written into enigma etc, or if theres even a plugin for it, but, receiviers ive found that ARE certified are

Octagon SF1008P SE+ HD
Nano XX
TM-TWIN
TM-2T
Devolo Sat 2400-CI+

theres probably others, but this is from a quick google search

and a report that the Fortec Star Passion+ works as well

Reports of older receivers, labeled as CI+, are actually receivers with a CI slot PLUS a card reader, which were actually released before, or during the time that CI+ was created (~2008) eg TM5400CI+

Hi again digidude,

Looking at your pictures... the TM-5502 HD CI+ looks remarkably like the TM-800 HD

PS: Is the TM-5402 HD CI+ Super+ an official CI+ receiver...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hi again digidude,

Looking at your pictures... the TM-5502 HD CI+ looks remarkably like the TM-800 HD

Best Wishes,
Zorch

yes m8, on my blog i said

Looking to be in whats becoming the new standard case for Technomate receivers, the picture shows the optional internal HDD caddy fitted

from the TM1000, right through to the TM5402, and every SD receiver in between, the cases were the same, it looks like they may be taking this approach with the newer generations of receivers

the original TM5302 was in the same case as the TM800 (i have one here), the TM500Super Linux is in the same case, the TM-2T, and now the TM5502HD CI+ as well, and in the back of my mind, im sure theres another receiver in the same case as well but cannot think of it

Hi again digidude,

...or are they just recycling casings from a glut of left-over TM-800 HD receivers to save money...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Back