new laky 1x help

dandare

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey folks i'm having a bash at flashing my da's box as i'm fed up manual putting in the code, i've downloaded the tuts and stuff,ifa, but like a right donkey my last download was of the 2x image now i've exceeded my limit until tomorrow.i need the 1x!!
prob is i'm off on hols tomorrow.
is it possible for anyone to email me a copy of the 1x image and i may just get this done for him tonight. with the aid of a few ciders to keep me going.
ta
dan

hey folks i'm having a bash at flashing my da's box as i'm fed up manual putting in the code, i've downloaded the tuts and stuff,ifa, but like a right donkey my last download was of the 2x image now i've exceeded my limit until tomorrow.i need the 1x!!
prob is i'm off on hols tomorrow.
is it possible for anyone to email me a copy of the 1x image and i may just get this done for him tonight. with the aid of a few ciders to keep me going.
ta
dan

pm me your e-mail address and i will send you a copy

Have sent it. hope it gets there.

regards acercam

i got it.
ta.
i'm having trouble using ifa. it can't seem to connect. whilst the dbox is unplugged the network connection is closed?!i get the unplugged pop up. ifa can't do it's thing?
anyhoos from one of the tuts i can access the dbox using iternet explorer ftp.
i can't see a .img file in any of the folders.
there is a folder with .bin the icons are the same as the .img file isobuster type icon. in there maybe?

the connection will show closed until you plug the box in, but you should still be able to start ifa,select the image to flash and then the port your going to connect through.ifa will then ask you to click ok. then plug your box in and hopefully it should start flashing if your settings are correct

as i'm sharing the input with with my internet will i need to change the ip of the connection from the internet to the ip of my box? the do ifa, then plug in.

just thought does the box need to be in any type of service mode to do this? and will the new image just replace the old ?
ta
dan.

Have e-mailed you a step by step guide.Read it carefully and you shoukd be ok.Time for me to retire now but i'll check back tomorrow to see how you got on.

regards acercam.

thanks that the guide i'm using.
still no joy i gave up last night.
ifa set up ok, then i change the connection settings as i use the internet connection on my tower to coneect the dbox. i changed the ip to both the ip as per the guide and the ip of my box, the powered up, the connection is there but nothing changes on the lcd i let both run for 20 mins no change. i 'm only using a cross over cable and have read that only the lcd will change, nothing on the comp. the dbox goes thro it's power up the then the last tv channel appears on the lcd ?? confusing?
could using my int. ethernet connection be a problem? is the dbox command centre still around as this is the first way recoomended?i'll have a look.
failing that, if i have time before my flight i have a read thro the flashftp ta fergal.
he may just have to wait till i get back, till i get my head round it all.

ok i can connect to the box using coreftp could someone direct me to the folder where the .img file is found so i can replace it with the laky au version. i feel like i'm going in circles looking thro the directory.
ta
nearly there.

ok so i've re read the guide it says to ftp it into/tmp folder. i've done this, there was no other .img file in there? now to get round my da's to see if it's worked!!!
if i've mised soemthing please chip in.
dan

ok so i've re read the guide it says to ftp it into/tmp folder. i've done this, there was no other .img file in there? now to get round my da's to see if it's worked!!!
if i've mised soemthing please chip in.
dan
You did actually flash the image you transfered to the /tmp folder using the remote control and the dbox menu's i hope lol.

nope just transferred into tmp folder!
i was just about to ask about it. as when i plugged my da's box back on it load as per usual with the don's image coming up. i wasn't sure if that was normal?
so how is it flashed via the remote. now the new .img is in the dbox?
i have a look at the tut.

ok back from my da's.
i get to flash w/o bootloader>ok>select image>but here my only option is cancel?no images to select from. have i put the image in the wrong location?it's in the tmp in the first directory when ye connect up with ftp?

if you turn the dbox off at the main, you lose the contents of the /tmp folder.

Once you've put the image into the /tmp folder, you must flash it before you disconnect from the mains

doh!! back round to get it from my da's then!
thanks

Back