New HP 1270e Ext dvd/cd Writer drive not recognised!

cmangle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Bought an HP 1270e Lightscribe External DVD/CD writer.

My os is Xp pro sp3.

At first it said invalid function . . .
. . . went to properties and enabled cd writing!

Now it isn't being recognised as a DVD writer

There are no driver HP1270 downloads available from
HP Support.

How can I get XP to recognise the 1270 as a DVD writer as well?

right click my computer, select "properties" click "device manager" under cd and dvd devices if there is a drive listed with a yellow triangle next to it, right click on it and delete it.
restart the pc with the drive plugged in hopefully this will allow it to reinstall the driver for the device.
The drive also comes with nero burning software as standard and lightscribe software. If you did not recieve this on a disk with the drive then you will need to install other dvd writing software if you do not have dvd writing softare on your machine already and the lightscribe software is available for download from the lightscribe website.

XP doesn't support DVD-R writing from directly in windows, like dreamer says you#ll need some DVD Writing software - the drive will only show a cd write, even with a blank DVD in

Thanks guys, after putzing around a while and eventually using Alcohol 120, the "SOFTWARE" recognised the drive as a "DVD" drive, but bill gates wonder software "WINDOZE" still saw it as a "CD"

You'd think in one of the last service packs or updates the dvd writer issues would have been addressed for XP!

Back