Build advice new hdd wont show

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok am getting there ...allmost got windows 7 all up and running and stuff all showing ,i installed a SSD drive and put all the windows stuff onto it ,now i also put a Western digital HDD in it so i could put all the unnecassery rubbish onto that ,its showing in device management but not when i look for it in my computer ,its showing the ssd the 2 dvd but not the hdd ?

Have you tried under disk management

Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management

It should show up there and then right click the unallocated space and you should be able to allocate it and you should be up and running mate :)

Have you tried under disk management

Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management

It should show up there and then right click the unallocated space and you should be able to allocate it and you should be up and running mate :)

:goodpost:This. Although I prefer the [WinKey]+[R] > diskmgmt.msc method.

And in 7 there this an even simpler method: just hit the start button and search for disk management.

You have to create a partition on it and format it to NTFS or FAT to be recognized by Windows.
Launch disk managemement and you can do it by following roachieuk's post.

Back