New firefox 3.5.3 is pants

Like the majority on here I'm falling out of love with Firefox & would like to give Opera a wee runout.
Anybody advise me to how to successfully import mozilla firefox 3.5.3 bookmarks to opera 10? I've had a look in both browsers & a wee google but struggling :sad: so if anyone could assist it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance :Clap:
HH.

hiya m8 in ff open bookmarks>manage bookmarks>backup>export as html.then in opera open bookmarks you will see a picture of a floppy disc [files]select it then import netscape/firefox select the file and away you go. they appear as netscape bookmarks

edogg

Last edited:
Mmmmmmm, my firefox bookmarks seem to be *.json, Opera doesn't want to import them, only .html ???
I'll have another go later, cheers for the help (again) :Clap:
HH

Mmmmmmm, my firefox bookmarks seem to be *.json, Opera doesn't want to import them, only .html ???
I'll have another go later, cheers for the help (again) :Clap:
HH

yes export ff bookmarks as html I did it before posting

bookmarks>manage bookmarks>export as HTML( do it to your desktop so you know where to point import netscape/firefox bookmarks to)

Like the majority on here I'm falling out of love with Firefox & would like to give Opera a wee runout.
Anybody advise me to how to successfully import mozilla firefox 3.5.3 bookmarks to opera 10? I've had a look in both browsers & a wee google but struggling :sad: so if anyone could assist it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance :Clap:
HH.

well mine were imported automatically, after being asked, on installation. but they are listed in alphabetical order, so if takes some time to find you bits. here is where i am a bit TEED off with the demise of Firefox. i used a ADDON to synchronise my bookmarks, (foxmarks) between several commuters. i now find i miss that option.

Importing bookmarks from other programs - Opera Knowledge Base

dont understand why they were not moved during the install???

anyway. been checking the opera browser out. got these download speeds. well above the rate Firefox used to do. and three at one time too.
download.gif

Last edited:
Ok, I'm a fud. They were there, hiding away in the Netscape folder in bookmarks, for some reason I assumed they'd be in the Firefox folder........ silly me.
Thanks again for the replies, rep added.
HH.

Back