New firefox 3.5.3 is pants

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the new update from day one and its awful,found this on another website and sums up the same problems im havin :(

Comments:
I have been a longtime Firefox user, but 3.5.3 has been a
disappointment. As you're probably already aware, the new release
contains numerous deficiencies - problems loading video, unsteady
performance, slow load times for regular browsing, etc. All of these
problems began as soon as I installed the new version of Firefox; never
have I had these sorts of problems before. Unless these are remedied
quickly, I'll be forced to move on to one of your competitors' products
(most likely Google Chrome).

The latest version of Chrome is really quick, I use it as my default browser, but still use Firefox when I need more control of things (via greasemonkey scripts), and want to avoid all the nasties lurking on many sites.

Even though the latest version is not the best, I couldn't live without it.

I agree the latest Firefox is a tad slow at times, but I tend to either use Firefox or Google chrome, which I find a really good browser.

Dont u worry about the security holes using the earlier versions :err:

i was a fan of firefox but the last couple of updates have killed it tbh.
I installed opera and its in a different class.
Smooth,fast good themes and easy to use.
Puts rings round firefox imo..

Firefox is beginning to disappoint me too.

Started using chrome on one PC (out of four - two at home, two at work).

I am positive there are some undiscovered Java/Flash issues that are causing a lot of these problems you know.

I agree, firefox is now utterly pants. Takes ages just to open, has problems loading lots of different sites.
When I put Win7 on, I think I'll switch back to IE.
For now FF will have a stay of execution

I have to agree Firefox has gone to the dogs.
I'm having nothing but trouble from it lately.
Its using huge cpu resources,huge memory usage ~500Mb and locking up.
Even when I shut it down its still running at 99% cpu usage .
It was a great browser but its too popular now.

they probably sold out it happens to the best of them ;( wot you need to know now is which version was stable and use that?

i was a fan of firefox but the last couple of updates have killed it tbh.
I installed opera and its in a different class.
Smooth,fast good themes and easy to use.
Puts rings round firefox imo..

gota say, even though i have used Mozilla, since it first appeared. I'm using Opera more and more.
i find Chrome....... well i just dont like it.

gota say, even though i have used Mozilla, since it first appeared. I'm using Opera more and more.
i find Chrome....... well i just dont like it.

Yeh i could not stand Chrome either and im genuinely sad to dump firefox but when explorer is out gunning it then its time for a change.
Opera is a good replacement and im happy with it..

couldnt stand Chrome either. I've just installed Opera to give that a go and I must say I'm very impressed. the speed is fantastic. Think I'll use Opera from now on.

yes have to agree only problem so far is the thechatterboxtool bar is not supported
I got fed up with the slow speed of firefox and the fact that what ever i did with IE i got adverts from flashplayer

Seems fine for me!! Its plugins are indispensable. Maybe there is a problem somewhere... Try uninstalling it and re-installing.

Opera is the most secure browser on the market and you might like the mouse jestures for navigating sites.

Opera seems to be very good so far even has built-in bit client and it shows speed and progress in the side bar very impressed. but will keep FF as well until the chatter box tool bar is available for opera

edogg

Like the majority on here I'm falling out of love with Firefox & would like to give Opera a wee runout.
Anybody advise me to how to successfully import mozilla firefox 3.5.3 bookmarks to opera 10? I've had a look in both browsers & a wee google but struggling :sad: so if anyone could assist it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance :Clap:
HH.

Back