New Dreambox 600 with DVB-T

meggers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got a brand new Dreambox 600. I ordered a DVB-T version but it came with an S card installed in the dreambox it and an addtional package containing a DVB-T card. (strange - I expected the DVB-T module to be installed - surely it would be cheaper).

Anyway, I inserted the card and set up the CLi image and got everything working (eventually).

However, I cannot pick up the BBC1, 2, ITV and C4. - Feck it anyway.

I examined the DVB-T tuner (brand new and nicely packaged with a Dreammultimedia label. It turns out to be a Phillips Tuner module (Bar code 4 044845 002030).

My question is this - Is there any way to get the missing channels? (I have read the various threads and it appears not).

If not should I try and send back the tuner - Surely they should know these are problematic by now.

Any help greatly appreciated.

hi

hi, i know the 500t had this problem but its the first i heard of the 600t missing channels.di you scan all the freqs?

yeah, have tried it manually a numer of times. I even tried to enter the pids for one of the channels but no joy. It is just the one transponder freq that does not get picked up.

Very annoying, I too thought the 600t was free from these problems. Maybe its the phillips dvb-t tuner modules that are the key.

Again, if anyone else has had the same problem (or managed to fix it) please let me know.

Are you sure you have the correct frequency? Do you have bbc1 tuned in
on another box?
What's the date-code on the tuner? (the date-code is "0545" shown in this picture)

Hi Obwan,

The date code on the card is 0642. Everthing else is as per your picture except for the
number 20681D# (D# instead of C#)

Hope that sheds some light - let me know if it makes any sense or is known to be part of a "dodgy2 batch of tuners.

I definitely have the correct frequency and it works on another box (a 500T). Also tried the 600T in a mates housewith different antenna and same result - no BBCs.

Thanks for your help, Meggers

sounds like the same problem the 500t's have. Nothing much you can
do about it besides sending it back under warranty. If you do, don't forget to mention that it's only a problem at a certain freq. or else they might
tune it to any channel and think that it is working properly.

you could also try this address but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting
for them to reply.
[email protected]

obwan

It is obviously a symptom of the Philips tuner that it is weak around the 260-290Mhz range.
It seems to be affecting the newer model of tuner .
I guess that Dream Multimedia and the clone manufacturers are using Philips tuners so the traits will be similar.

It could just be that the particular transponder frequency is weak in your area for some reason. You may be able to try an amplifier.

Saying that it works fine on another box doesn't really prove anything except that one tuner is slightly more sensitive than the other but both tuners may still be within specification.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys - I will try and get an amplifier and see if it works.

I have tried the box in two diffferent locations (same mast thought) with different antenna (down converters) and always with the same result so I do reckon it is a sensitve tuner that is the problem.

Back