New Cobra ODE 4 all versions PS3 (Original firmware OFW and Modified Firmware CFW)

wolftje

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Well, it seems that they are shipping but has anyone tested this yet as i'm very keen to buy one !!!!
This is the Site : Cobra Optical Drive Emulator For PS3

Allmost all models are supported and they claim it is solderless !

4 the people who did not follow the scene, Yes it will let you play ps3 backups from an external Harddisk also PS2 etc ... And as for now is not detected by the PS3 online network which let you play online as well....

Please post feedback

Last edited:
Re: New Cobra ODE 4 all versions PS3 (Original firmware OFW and Modified Firmware CFW

Well, it seems that they are shipping but has anyone tested this yet as i'm very keen to buy one !!!!
This is the Site : Cobra Optical Drive Emulator For PS3

Allmost all models are supported and they claim it is solderless !

4 the people who did not follow the scene, Yes it will let you play ps3 backups from an external Harddisk also PS2 etc ... And as for now is not detected by the PS3 online network which let you play online as well....

Please post feedback

Ps2 backups ONLY on backward compatable consoles.

Also the the new cobra firwmare for the dongle only alows ps2 games played on backward compatable consoles.

Looks like they've finally admited defeated for software emulation for ps2 games on none backward compatable consoles. Not to say it was any good anyway.

Re: New Cobra ODE 4 all versions PS3 (Original firmware OFW and Modified Firmware CFW

I have mailed a cobra-reseller (belgium) :

Hello,

Cobra-ODE is not out at this time. So, no shop could have it in stock for now. That's why we are taking presales and that's why price is so cheap. Once the product is out, the Cobra-ODE (already very popular) could be sold out very quickly and the price should increase a bit.

Shipping is planned on February (this month). Also, we are one of the first reseller to be shipped, so we'll get the product before a lot of other shops.

Best regards,
Cobra-Sales.com

I posted this so other people in here could know !

Back