NEW C14.7 16 July 2013 Online Update!

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
We are delighted to announce that our latest C14.7 online update has just gone live, folks! This involves a root image reflash and the updated C14.7 will be date-stamped 16 July 2013

ENJOY!

Cheers- Renny and AL ;)

Attachments

• C14-7_16-07-2013_update.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 27
9th Commando 14.7 online update 19 July 2013

Oops! The script goblin has been at it again and broke the EPG Plugin in the last update two days ago. Very sorry about that...

Also, we weren't 100% happy with the added Utilities menu under the Blue button, so we have redesigned the shellmenu front end from scratch. EPG - AutoBouquets - Utilities are now all grouped into one simple and friendly GUI menu page on BLUE > BLUE called "Commando Toolkit"

Please let us have feedback on what you think of this revised layout, in terms of ease of navigation, user-friendliness, clarity, and so on. Thanks!

If you've already updated to the 16th July edition, please update again to the new 19th July build from this morning.

Cheers- AL :)

I have updated commando 14.7 and now my remote will not work.
Now it may be coincidence but I have checked remote by pointing at my phone camera and is showing white light.
I can change channels via mobile phone web access.
I have opened dm500s and connections seem ok.
Any ideas ,thanks.

Try pressing the blue button and there is an option to lock and unlock remote, maybe you knock it by mistake.

If the remote got locked by mistake, then RED > MENU key presses in quick succession will unlock it.

When the R/C is locked, it still sends the IR signal to the box, as you can see the green LED on the front of the box blink. But the firmware ignores the R/C command.

Cheers- AL ;)

Try pressing the blue button and there is an option to lock and unlock remote, maybe you knock it by mistake.

Bear in mind you will have to press the blue button through the web remote :)

Good point m8 i forgot that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha! You're both wrong, LOL! If remote is locked, you'll need RED > MENU via the web remote too! Or a reboot will unlock it as well...

BTW- We're glad to see peeps are actually using the yWeb remotes, as there's been feck-all feedback on this...

AL ;)

Ha ha! You're both wrong, LOL! If remote is locked, you'll need RED > MENU via the web remote too! Or a reboot will unlock it as well...

BTW- We're glad to see peeps are actually using the yWeb remotes, as there's been feck-all feedback on this...

AL ;)

Considering I dont even have a dm500 I reckon I pointed out a failing in Napsters post in good style :D

AL ;)
not working.
green light on box not flashing
if i press red then menu it comes up with(event list) then press menu nothing(back to full tv picture)
now regards to web remote i can do most things but when i get to tuxbox i can not move about and have to power down.
i also can not update to latest commando update via web remote.
thanks

Now come on guys please. Access further into the BLUE button menu is BLOCKED in yWeb, because the shellexec binary has now stolen the remote control focus away from the neutrino binary! So that sort of stuff you're trying to do via the yWeb I/F (be it via PC or from your smartphone) definately is a no go area!

Once you have hit BLUE > BLUE on your real remote, you are now solely and totally in the tuxbox shellexec environment - it has taken over from Neutrino until you exit shellexec...

As to the OP's r/c issue - batteries??? But if you're pressing RED and the Event-List box pops up, and you can zap to different channels, then what exactly are saying is the problem with your proper remote, m8? Or is this all about limitations (as explained here) with the virtual remote, FFS?

Cheers- AL :confused:

Last edited:
i have changed batteries and checked using mobile phone that remote is flashing white light.
my dm5500s has green light but not flashing green light when i press r/c.
i can change channels via web remote.
so am i looking at ir receiver in dm500s not working?
would a new flash be next step or new dm500s.because mrs peed off having no remote.

thanks.

put the commando full image in your tmp folder and reflash from your web control in the update image menu and start again m8 , save your ccams tho

before every update l back my image up just incase , never had to use tho

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help.I did learn a bit more from all your input.
After trying all your advice I took apart the front plate of dm500s and resoldered the IR receiver,yep it now works.
A big thanks again for my long road in this hobby.

loving it, like the way you get the program details ocerlapping the epg..

great work.. :)

Maybe we've all learned from this thread? Coz I think we need to add a new section to the yWeb helpfile explaining why the virtual remotes are blocked once the user has accessed the shell menu (Commando Toolkit).

It might help to avoid confusion.

Cheers- AL :)

9th Commando 14.7 online update 19 July 2013

Also, we weren't 100% happy with the added Utilities menu under the Blue button, so we have redesigned the shellmenu front end from scratch. EPG - AutoBouquets - Utilities are now all grouped into one simple and friendly GUI menu page on BLUE > BLUE called "Commando Toolkit"

Please let us have feedback on what you think of this revised layout, in terms of ease of navigation, user-friendliness, clarity, and so on. Thanks!

)

the toolkit is very handy, puts everything you need in one place.

if i could make a small suggestion, would be good to have network test/restart button in there.

that would put everything i use in one place.. :)

the toolkit is very handy, puts everything you need in one place.

if i could make a small suggestion, would be good to have network test/restart button in there.

that would put everything i use in one place.. :)

What, something like this (attached)?

Just overwrite existing files via FTP and then go BLUE > BLUE > YELLOW

Look what you've got on the new BLUE button now in 'Utilities'. Give all three options a go and see what you think, yeah? When you see the "Active Settings" and "Test Network" panels appear, we've given you 10 seconds to read both of them. Is that too long, or not long enough in uour opinion?

DO NOT PRESS THE REMOTE to kill those info panels, please wait and allow us control freaks to take you back to as near as where you were beforehand as we can get you.

After, view the new /var/tuxbox/config/menu_net.conf file and check out the header text...

Cheers- AL ;)

Attachments

• utilities+network.rar
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
nice 1.. :)

i look forward to trying it, as soon as the missus is finished with the tv... lol

Back