Network connections!!!

sempi

DW Regular
Reaction score
can anyone tell me where windows notes your previous network connections as i am having probs trying to install a new network card I have uninstalled it and when I reinstall it the network connection number automatically goes up, I am at network connection7 now and when I try to install driver each time it says connection already being used as a system device name cannot install driver.
I have removed card from pc and reinstalled a couple of times and windows detects new hardware (this is where the number has increased) but it also comes up with the first installed connection name but i cannot find this
can anyone tell me how to remove previous connections, they are not showing in device manager or network connections (i cannot get a network connection at all just now)

I beleive its here m8....
Registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip\parameters...

Within this you've got interfaces, which i think is any network settings your adapters have ever had and then also you adapters key which holds info on all the adapters on the system...i think.

Please double check before editing though, by exporting and saving keys you intend to delete - just incase.

Magik said:
I beleive its here m8....
Registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip\parameters...

Within this you've got interfaces, which i think is any network settings your adapters have ever had and then also you adapters key which holds info on all the adapters on the system...i think.

Please double check before editing though, by exporting and saving keys you intend to delete - just incase.
thanks m8

Back