Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Neighbour dispute.

That's balls mate I had the same thing done to me i got few people up to court my lawyer brought them in to show the people were scum and had provoked me . I got bound over big deal . Judge agreed I was pushed to it .you Sounds like a few people that lived near me . Want everything sorted butdont want to get your hands dirty . Sorry but you sound like a coward

That's a bit ott @countryboy. The guy wants advice not insulted. There are many ways to skin a cat violence isn't the answer in my view. The guy has pled guilty so reference statements wont do much good. If the OP feels he would be putting his family ay risk is he wrong to be concerned. He is just asking for advice :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I sounded harsh but I've seen people like this . They sit back wait for people like me to sort their problems while hiding behind their doors . They want it sorted but don't want to get their hands dirty . My door never stopped . I'm not saying he should lift his hands but at least back up his good neighbour . I'm glad I'm away from it now I learnt that you can try and help some people but unless they themselves have a backbone your fighting a losing battle . I don't think he was asking advice I think he was looking for people to say it's ok . Give him a way out . Sorry but unless communities stick together they get what they deserve. .

Is there a PC looking after the case @Curious123? Probably best to ask them if you details can be withheld from things. You could say it was due to fear of repercussion or intimidation.

Failing that, mix some dark gloss with washing-up liquid and keep treating his house and car with it.

The dickhead owns his own house and is independent gas engineer so cant really get the council to do anything.

It does not matter whether this man owns his own house or employed directly by a company(SAME COUNCIL AND SAME POLICE)...as said you can still stand tall...its an old cliche but it still means a lot (
United we stand, divided we fall)

Dont be bullied by these twats as things will just get worse....

By worse i mean new laws are also in force now by way of sales of property falling through due to non disclosure of anything that can cause a new buyer problems.

I would report everything to the council and the police that you believe is deemed wrong as after all it is a cul-de-sac and we all have to live together, sometimes like chickens in a coup but thats the way it is sometimes and if some neighbours cant live like human beings then maybe they are not fit for society so get them out..

Also i am just reading between the lines here like everyone else as i do not know what has really went on here but you might want to look into this more deeply especially if in the future any of your neighbours or yourself plan on putting propertys on the market....done wrongly it could end up a soapy bubble bad scenario with a failed property survey/sale

Just remember you are writing a character statement about your friend (neighbour) and you are also writing to the Courts about the bad neighbour. They only want to get all the facts together before Court proceedings take place. If this dick head is a kiddy fiddler it wants stopping now he is dangerous so do yourself a favour and do this reference.
Some ideas here in this link for you.
Resolving neighbour disputes - GOV.UK

Just remember you are writing a character statement about your friend (neighbour) and you are also writing to the Courts about the bad neighbour. They only want to get all the facts together before Court proceedings take place. If this dick head is a kiddy fiddler it wants stopping now he is dangerous so do yourself a favour and do this reference.
Some ideas here in this link for you.
Resolving neighbour disputes - GOV.UK

Assumption there @miggy Kiddy fiddling is not the only way people get put on the sex offenders register. I'm surprised he is allowed to work his trade as he must come into contact with vulnerable people but I suppose if he is self employed he would not require discloser. Sadly.

Assumption there @miggy Kiddy fiddling is not the only way people get put on the sex offenders register. I'm surprised he is allowed to work his trade as he must come into contact with vulnerable people but I suppose if he is self employed he would not require discloser. Sadly.

And it is because of your statement that curious must man up and be a hero not a coward. Whether this pervert is a kiddy fiddler, a rapist or just a plain old professional ****** this idiot needs putting behind bars for a long time. As stated do the character statement quick before this all gets blown out of proportion and a serious crime is committed.

And it is because of your statement that curious must man up and be a hero not a coward. Whether this pervert is a kiddy fiddler, a rapist or just a plain old professional ****** this idiot needs putting behind bars for a long time. As stated do the character statement quick before this all gets blown out of proportion and a serious crime is committed.

For what ? He may have already served his time for whatever he did to end up on SOR . You are letting your mind run away with you lol. Whats next do you get a rope a few mates and head up for a good old fashioned lynching lol. There are proper channels for dealing with people like this , some of them have been mentioned. Gather evidence present evidence then let the professionals deal with it I.E. Plod courts MP,s. Unfortunaltely fighting crime with crime is not the answer.

For what ? He may have already served his time for whatever he did to end up on SOR . You are letting your mind run away with you lol. Whats next do you get a rope a few mates and head up for a good old fashioned lynching lol. There are proper channels for dealing with people like this , some of them have been mentioned. Gather evidence present evidence then let the professionals deal with it I.E. Plod courts MP,s. Unfortunaltely fighting crime with crime is not the answer.

If this guy has served time he has obviously not learned his lesson young man. Ok maybe sending the boys in is indeed a last resort but curious must deal with this correctly and I do not mean hiding behind a sofa. Arrange a meeting with all the good neighbours it's a cul de sac ffs there must be plenty of good guys to discuss tactics and go to Court. This dick head is/will be outnumbered and the Courts should rule in Curious and his friends favour.

If this guy has served time he has obviously not learned his lesson young man. Ok maybe sending the boys in is indeed a last resort but curious must deal with this correctly and I do not mean hiding behind a sofa. Arrange a meeting with all the good neighbours it's a cul de sac ffs there must be plenty of good guys to discuss tactics and go to Court. This dick head is/will be outnumbered and the Courts should rule in Curious and his friends favour.

Yep you have lost the plot in this thread @miggy lol the guy has pleaded guilty to the assault by some who is not Curious so how can he rule in his favour? What any character ref might do is soften the sentence due to mitigation it wont have any effect on the dude that rightly or wrongly lost his teeth lol. I cant see @Curious123 coming to any harm if he makes a reference statement as I'm sure these would probably go straight to the judge or magistrate. 2 separate issues here @miggy

@countryboy, 'Sorry but you sound like a coward' , you may be right but a moment of madness and personal satisfaction are not going to pay my bills. @IANB , thank you for trying to keep the thread on track and keep the peace. As far as digging goes we all know his offense as it was plastered all over the local papers a few years ago. I have probably revealed more then I should have and I would not be surprised if there is some law which prevents people from outing him to the public so the less said about that the better. A lot of people have provided their input and emotions have run high but at the end of the day I have to do what is right for me and my family.

Just to recap our neighbour has already pleaded guilty to the offense so there are no further court proceedings apart from awaiting sentencing, its a first offense so unlikely to get a custodial.

A former neighbour who lived next door to me but moved late last year because he needed a larger place for his kids came by to discuss the issue. A few years ago he went round to tell the twat to turn down the music in the morning as his wife worked nights and needed her sleep. The twat came to the door with a metal bar. Our neighbour said to him 'you really do not want to wave that bar around mate'. Our neighbour is built like Frank Bruno and I still remember him lifting a washing machine single headedly into the boot of my car. If he was to punch this guy in the face he would not be getting up again. My daughter always refers to him as the 'BFG'. He said to me he would he doing the reference but told me to keep out of it.

My wife and I sat down yesterday evening and calmly discussed what we should do about the character reference. Her words 'I would like to feel that if we ever ended up in his situation we could depend on our friends and neighbours to do the right thing and if we don't then he will carry on getting away it so lets do it.'

I'm sure you are on the exact same track as your wife and well done for discussing it with her and coming to the right decision. On a side issue you and your neighbours need to get your heads together and sort out a "legal" strategy for getting the ongoing situation under control. Like I said gather evidence and present it to the proper people. Remember ASBOS are for everyone regardless of wether they are home owners or not. The laws on antisocial behaviour are there to help. Good luck mate ;)

I think it would be useful for the future to discover what he is on the Sex Offenders Records for..............after all he may be breaking the terms of his records by perhaps paying to much attention to some of the women or children in the Close. You said about him approaching someone with a metal bar, well that would definitely have broken his terms of freedom and should definitely have been reported because that would have been Pass Go Don't Pick Up £200 Go Straight To Jail !!

I think it would be useful for the future to discover what he is on the Sex Offenders Records for..............after all he may be breaking the terms of his records by perhaps paying to much attention to some of the women or children in the Close. You said about him approaching someone with a metal bar, well that would definitely have broken his terms of freedom and should definitely have been reported because that would have been Pass Go Don't Pick Up £200 Go Straight To Jail !!

It took one man to approach this idiot to sort it out while the others hid behind sofas. It was a cul de sac with a few people living in it. Get a home watch set up next time and arrange meetings to sort all this shite out. I hope this guy gets off light now with his sentence and that toothless cnut gets his comeuppance m8.

Back