needed ZGEMMA H2H JTAG TOOLS KIT,

deano1

Inactive User
Reaction score
wanted anyone,, tried all sorts ,, need the pack to repair dammaged bootloader as stuck in boot loop. no way to flash with usb,, as load in image just continuous bootloop.. so tells me bootloader nackered,,

anyone with broadcom tool and broadcom driver for chip please upload it would be greatly appreciated, tried direct from zgemma but basically ignored,

If you google NorforkSR and take a little look the guy will jtag your box and reflash it for £15 ish,if it cant be fixed then no charge,He did a few old icloud boxes for me in the past and the service was great,I am in no way involved but the feedback of everyone who sends a box for repair is great,I hope the mods might just keep an eye as this forum seems to be less and less of the tech stuff ,Still a nice little forum,Merry christmas to riverforever and cookie as you guys put the time in,Also best of wishes to mods and all members cheers les

@deano1,
its sound advice from lescantle. I JTAG'd my Star5 as the files were easy to find.The little programer was £12 on ebay, if you get the correct one. There are 2 different ones with the same part number.

cheers C

Last edited by a moderator:
@deano1,
its sound advice from lescantle. I JTAG'd my Star5 as the files were easy to find.The little programer was £12 on ebay, if you get the correct one. There are 2 different ones with the same part number.

cheers C

i have the equipment to jtag. its brand new as i buy in bulk.. but saves time sending it back.. and hastle. i only need the broadcom 3.1 tool and the BCM7362 driver file for broadcom tool. to see cpu. i have done hundreds of other boxs jtag as electronic engineer with over 35 years experience, so i know how to jtag but like i say no good without the software,

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant help you there sorry,Give the guy from NorfolkSR a shout and see if he will send it to you

i have the equipment to jtag. its brand new as i buy in bulk.. but saves time sending it back.. and hastle. i only need the broadcom 3.1 tool and the BCM7362 driver file for broadcom tool. to see cpu. i have done hundreds of other boxs jtag as electronic engineer with over 35 years experience, so i know how to jtag but like i say no good without the software,

Well, I was about to suguest "Ferret's excellent guide on this and other forum for ipbox which has Broadband 3, no idea for BB3.1.

You mentioned "Bootloop" well if your in a "Bootloop" I can't understand why you need to "JTAG", most you should need is to flash the correct "Bootloader" then flash an image ? Normaly you only need to "JTAG" when you brick your STB.

Good Luck C

Never done a guide for the zgemma.

I agree too if its in bootloop id say the bootloader is fine as it would not even get that far.

I had this problem with a h1, I went through about 5 different flashes till it stopped the boot loop

its deffo bootloader 100% and lets me add new image no problem at all the zgemma h2h even adds new images every single image i have used just keeps rebooting no matter what i seem to do,, so has to be bootloader fault, think some code has been corupted in flash for boot sector

its deffo bootloader 100% and lets me add new image no problem at all the zgemma h2h even adds new images every single image i have used just keeps rebooting no matter what i seem to do,, so has to be bootloader fault, think some code has been corupted in flash for boot sector

If it will flash an image it will flash the bootloader as it can be flashed the same way.

Try it but i doubt its your problem.

found the problem, it seems when they made the box that obviously bootloader is installed ready for staff to add image via usb & image of there choice,, it seems that flash chip is not fitted correctly and write protect is the problem every image i install seems to try to install yet always goes back to boot this is telling me write protect on flash is not connected, probs need a reflow , with hot air system get back to you asap with result once tried,

Back