need the dvbc file with the transponder list

thebaron

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all,

just got a test rig setup with a couple of twinham cab.ci 2031 cards. Trying to get vplug working in the mediaportal. I could really do with the virgin media transponder list file if any1s got it? im in sheffield. I have a dreambox but not sure which file i need from it.

i have a copy of dvbviewer too. if that would be of any use?

mediaportal has transponder lists for the UK built in - bad idea to muck around with stuff to clear encrytped channels before you have the fta ones working eg some versions of mdapi clash with some versions of mp and remove your ability to scan for channels lol

mediaportal has transponder lists for the UK built in - bad idea to muck around with stuff to clear encrytped channels before you have the fta ones working eg some versions of mdapi clash with some versions of mp and remove your ability to scan for channels lol

cheers wonko, so basically wot ur saying is get mediaportal installed and working with the fta out of the box first.

im using mediaportal 1.02. do u know what config will work with this e.g. vplug version mdapi ....

cheers

hi all,

just got a test rig setup with a couple of twinham cab.ci 2031 cards. Trying to get vplug working in the mediaportal. I could really do with the virgin media transponder list file if any1s got it? im in sheffield. I have a dreambox but not sure which file i need from it.

i have a copy of dvbviewer too. if that would be of any use?

if u got an enigma img on your dreambox then you need the services file, the first part will show the transponder numbers - open with a text editor or wordpad eg.

eDVB services /2/
transponders
00000000:0001:0031
c 515000:6887000:2:3:3:0
/
00000000:0002:0031
c 747000:6887000:2:3:3:0
/
00000000:0003:0031
c 739000:6887000:2:3:3:0
/
00000000:0004:0031
c 731000:6887000:2:3:3:0
/

red is transponder freq and blue is sym rate and so on, further down to end services, after this is channel pids

if u have a neutrino img on ur dreambox then u want the services.xml file....again open wth wordpad and u will see groups of channels, at the top of each group is

<transponder id="004c" onid="0031" frequency="395000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="1db1" name="4Music" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1db2" name="The Music Factory" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="1db3" name="Virgin1" service_type="01"/>

the frequency here is shown in Hz in the first file it's kHz

cheers

Last edited:
yes mate make sure you get all your fta working first and i think dvbviewer is the better optoin more stable and you can get dvblink for it to view it in mce

yes

any mdpaifilteer version should work tho I'd suggest you use either the final 2008 or 2009 versions - vplug just use the current version (tho afaik anythign above 2.38 should work) - I've gone back to hardcams as mdapi still seems to have issues with power mangmenent and channel changes crashign tvserver at random but this could just be my system needing a reinstall - most people dont seem to have these issues

@neathdrew
mediaportal from v1 upwards has brute force lists for both 6887 and 6952 for the UK so no need to manually build a list at least for initial testing/setup - optimised lists can cause issues when they re-arrange the transponder/channels setup - somethign they are doing a lot atm

Last edited:
yes

@neathdrew
mediaportal from v1 upwards has brute force lists for both 6887 and 6952 for the UK so no need to manually build a list at least for initial testing/setup - optimised lists can cause issues when they re-arrange the transponder/channels setup - somethign they are doing a lot atm

appreciate that, i found if i only use the 31 transponders from my latest service file from my dbox2/dreambox the scan is so much quicker especially using vista mce, transponders are rare to change....services between transponders change quite often so the transponder file shouldn't need editing too often....i've needed to rescan quite a few time over the last few years but edit the transponder file once, had to add a couple with lower frequencies...

cheers

Last edited:
ok ive installed dvbviewer and successfully scanned 186 tv stations. tried a few fta stations and alls working fine. but it crashes every couple of minutes. i then installed mediaportal and tried a scan. it doesnt pickup any stations. if i do a manual scan it detects the transponders but then claims "no signal" on each transponder when scanning.

im very confused?

disable mdapi before scannig in mediaportal

disable mdapi before scannig in mediaportal

how do i do that mate?

i managed to scan and find a few stations in 1 attempt in media portal. all other attempts claim no signal. dvbviewer scans and finds 180+ stations. so i dont think its a signal problem.

Is it a legit version of DVBViewer because I don't think there are any fully working cracked versions. They all do something strange, I have a feeling they were released by the DVBViewer team !!

Is it a legit version of DVBViewer because I don't think there are any fully working cracked versions. They all do something strange, I have a feeling they were released by the DVBViewer team !!

yeah its a cracked copy, ive bought it, but so far ive received to email with the next step in downling my legal copy? its been 3days

Back