need step by step tutorial for dvd to mp4

DEE747

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have just put one of my films into my psp and it works fine , so i put another in and it says incorrect file but they wher both ripped the same way ie. dvd into my drive open dvd Decrypter select ifo file and rip to folder -then open pspvideo9 and selest the vts file i want transcode new video when it`s done i copy to psp and file is in mp4 format but won`t play has anyone got the exact steps i should use from start to finish to get on my psp ?? i have managed to make it work once but where i`m going wrong i don`t know 1st movie was named M4V10001 and 2nd one M4V0002 both films put into same folder movie SKY HIGH plays movie FINDING NEMO does not ?? any help on this i`d appreciate it

aint tried this myself

its for converting files for video ipod..... but its mpeg4 format (so the guy who wrote the tut says)

it might help...... it might not .........

but u can give it a go

h**p://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/244629

cheers

cheers i found a step by step tut on pspcrazy.com i`m just trying it out at momy problem is not knowing wat boxes to tick ,as i av found out one missing ticked box can make all the difference!!!!!!! got it to work once so i`ll get it right eventually

Hi M8

The tolerances are quite strict for psp mpeg4 videos
check the manual for supported screen sizes - also
the psp will not play any mpeg 4 video that has been
converted at a bit rate higher than 768kbps

cheers 4 info

ta 4 that i`m not gen`d up on wat settings to put into pspvideo 9 or dvd decrypta but got it right once my file is put into the 100MNV01 FOLDER but wen i go to video it`s not ther at all ? only one film i`ve done seems to work but followed the tut on psp crazy.com to the letter and still no go ?? i`m sure it`ll be sumat simple usuall is with me lol

settings on pspvideo 9

these r the settings i was told 2 use any one know if they r ok this is to transcode new video AVC/320X240/29.97fps/384kbpsStereo/96kbps seems to convert to mp4 ok but won`t work wen copied into file ??

Hi M8

I can't see anything wrong with your encoder settings
- all looks fine - also you have identified the correct
folder to copy the mpeg4 files to ...............
you never said whether you used a psp video program
to copy both films over to the psp - the first mpeg films
i encoded worked fine when ported over using xilisoft
psp video converter - but failed to play if i simply copied
the mpeg files to the video folder - so there must be
some sort of index file to identify the mpegs to the psp
system

1st film

1st film i ripped with dvd decrypta then changed to mp4 with win avi to mp4 then just dragged and dropped into file in MP_ROOT folder and it played the nxt i`ve done nothing diff but won`t play so i`m trying all diff ways of doing to recreate the same result but no go i`ve even tried rippn diff films to c if that works ?? but when i drop into file it`s ther in usb but wen i go to my folders in psp ther is NO file in it i`m baffled at mo but will keep tryn to sort it .i just cant figure out why it worked once but not again ?? even took out working film and renamed one that didn`t work in same name but still no go ?? i`m sure it`s sumat i`m doing wrong but don`t know wat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on th e+ side games r working great so who reall cares lol

index files ?

wat u say about index file=s makes sense cos if it was just copy file rip to mp4 nthen copy to folder then it would br no problem but doesn`t seem to work afta 1st film so has that taken up the file that allows the film to b shown ?? If u nfind owt out let me no ok but in mean i`ll keep trying diff ways
cheers
Mdee

Hi M8

Ok - no problem - i'll let you know - same thing happened
to me with drag and drop - 1st film ok - next film no-way
however when i transfer all films using the xilisoft transfer
interface - all films worked 100% - so it must be an index
type file - although it does not go in the root folder - so i
have'nt found it yet - maybe just appends the root data file
or something - but i transferred 4 films to the psp and all
worked fine - icons etc were perfect - so i always use the
video transfer tool - no worries

cheers 4 info

yeh i think wat u say is right i started to load mp4 through winavi direct to psp but aborted a short way through had sumat to do but wen i went back into my psp the film was ther 1/4 done so now trying to replicate wat i did again to c if works ok

win avi works for me !!!!!!!!!!

i`ve finally found a program that i just put my dvd into my drive 2 clicks and a long wait and it`s on my psp yeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!! tried all the others every ones recomended but only this seems to work for me so i`m all done games music films and pics " LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL "

DEE747 said:
i`ve finally found a program that i just put my dvd into my drive 2 clicks and a long wait and it`s on my psp yeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!! tried all the others every ones recomended but only this seems to work for me so i`m all done games music films and pics " LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL "

So whats it called and were can you download it from????????

Win Avi

sorry m8 forgot to say wat it was WIN AVI was the only one that worked on my psp tried all the rest but did`nt seem to work but no problems with this one

lads try 'xilisoft psp video converter'!

Back