Need new DVD Drive

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've got a bit of dilemma, my mum's xbox drive is knackered. It's actually an old one passed about the family. All she uses it for playing Winuaex and SNES emulators but the drive won't pick up again once it stops spinning. I tried cleaning it and nothing changes.

My options are to buy a 2nd hand xbox and strip the drive out of it or bung in an old hd and load evox onto it.

I quite fancy getting my hands dirty and load evox, but I've never done it before (I paid a shop to do mine).

How easy is evox, I tried following a guide,but got confused when trying to find my hd serial number to match the box.

I've got a bit of dilemma, my mum's xbox drive is knackered. It's actually an old one passed about the family. All she uses it for playing Winuaex and SNES emulators but the drive won't pick up again once it stops spinning. I tried cleaning it and nothing changes.
My options are to buy a 2nd hand xbox and strip the drive out of it or bung in an old hd and load evox onto it.
I quite fancy getting my hands dirty and load evox, but I've never done it before (I paid a shop to do mine).
How easy is evox, I tried following a guide,but got confused when trying to find my hd serial number to match the box.

It's pretty straightforward in my opinion.

The way I do it is this:

1) Softmod box
2) Install Evox X using softmod
3) Create a copy of Eeprom and drive key using EvoX. Copy these files via FTP to my PC
4) Create a Linux BootCD using XboxHDM with the Eeprom and Drive key
5) Plug and IDE drive in a spare PC. Prepare the drive with the BootCD
6) Pop the drive in the Xbox and re-softmod.
7) You now have a softmodded Xbox with a large drive installed
8) FTP games/emulators/videos/mp3s etc the the box

It's pretty straightforward in my opinion.
The way I do it is this:
1) Softmod box
2) Install Evox X using softmod
3) Create a copy of Eeprom and drive key using EvoX. Copy these files via FTP to my PC
4) Create a Linux BootCD using XboxHDM with the Eeprom and Drive key
5) Plug and IDE drive in a spare PC. Prepare the drive with the BootCD
6) Pop the drive in the Xbox and re-softmod.
7) You now have a softmodded Xbox with a large drive installed
8) FTP games/emulators/videos/mp3s etc the the box

Thanks for reply mate but forgot to add that the box is already chipped with an Evox chip.

So how do I do it now??

If it already has a chip in it then I believe it is just a case of installing EvoX as a dashboard. Obtain a BootCD like Slayers and install EvoX

Back