Need help setting up rqcamd

despdan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok trying to get this cam working on dreambox.

Have uploaded log & n2stream dumps, the sources files are also included.

2shared - download rqcamd.zip

Have it running but still not clearing so need help on the config file see below & will probably need help modifying sources:(

Could someone Please explain in detail all the settings
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

ok, you can probably ignore a lot of it as it wont be relevant at this point.

protocol stuff is all the kinds of servers it can connect to so ignore

process_emm is how Emm's are handled. Again, at this point you aren't interested so i'd be inclined to set all to 0

cam_id, you probably should set to something reasonably realistic although its likely only used to grab the correct Emm's from the stream. I'd set to something like 08010203

card_server - ignore

decoder_type - not sure, you may have to fiddle with this.

mecm - I'd ignore at this point. Leave them all as 00

hash_control_words decides whether the CW's are hashed after they are extracted from the ECM. You probably want to turn this off (0)

ecm_nano_offset - decides where in the ECM to start scanning from in order to find the CW's. You'll need a decrypted ECM in order to fathom out this positioning. This is likely to need to increasing from 10 for normal N2 - Its usually 14 or higher.

swap_control_words - Gives the option to present the CW's to the descrambler either in the order found (ie 1 - 2 ) or the reverse order (ie 2 -1 ). You'll definately need to set this properly !!!

emm tables are descriptions of the stream tables where Emm's are found - ignore for now

emm_pid are the PID's where Emm's are found. You can probably ignore for now.

caid_priorities - decides which scrambling system has a priority in multicast situations. 1801 first means N2 has priority.

onid is original NetId. You should probably set this to the original netid for your provider but not sure what this is for UPC so ignore for the moment.

As you can see, you can ignore most settings as they are either for server connections or Emm stuff. The rest though, you have to get right !

With this CAM, you will need to make sure that its actually picking up the correct data for UPC as its code is optimised for particular US providers at the expense of generallity. You may have to modify the code itself and recompile. Make sure you turn on every debug option you can find so you can make a stab at determining any problems.

If you want to compile then you will need a linux image with a dreambox compile environment. There used to be a DW school image around a while back that would do the job nicely.

Possibly, this source could be discussed/modified by interested parties if anybody fancies trying to get an open source N2 cam working ???

@ nozzer

tried your above settings & wouldn't give me any logs so edited config to:
Code:
That returned these logs:
Code:
N2stream
Code:

please delete any thing I have missed thats not allowed.

Thats actually further than I thought it get !

That looks like its found the correct ECM PID, actually got the ECM data itself and attempted to manipulate it.

It also looks like its picking up the correct keyset so I dont think its too far off !

could be its just missing the V key from a card dump.

Pretty sure the hash_control_words will need to be set to 0

mecm also needs to be disabled somehow. Not sure how you would accomplish that - it may require the rom102 files being edited.

Last edited:
Looking at it a liitle bit more it seems to be aborting whilst attempting to load Roms. Obviously, there aren't any for UPC !

You need to start looking at the code here to fathom what the requirements are. In theory, at this point you shouldn't need any Rom code whatsoever as all you want to do is decrypt ECM's but i'd guess that the US ECM's that the cam is designed for had some embedded code in the ECM that required the Roms.

You could try copying some of the present Rom/EEprom and renaming them. ie something like - EEP5E_102.bin

Looking at it a liitle bit more it seems to be aborting whilst attempting to load Roms. Obviously, there aren't any for UPC !

You need to start looking at the code here to fathom what the requirements are. In theory, at this point you shouldn't need any Rom code whatsoever as all you want to do is decrypt ECM's but i'd guess that the US ECM's that the cam is designed for had some embedded code in the ECM that required the Roms.

You could try copying some of the present Rom/EEprom and renaming them. ie something like - EEP5E_102.bin
Changed a couple of settings & got a little further see pm for dumps.

Would getting the Control Words off mgcamd be of any use?

Do i need to start looking at the roms now? or Which files should i be looking into?:

box.cpp
idea.cpp
nagra2.cpp
rqcamd-readme.txt
box.h
idea.h
nagra2.h
sha1.cpp
ca.h
Makefile
newcamd-client.cpp sha1.h
cam.cpp
Makefile-includes
newcamd-client.h
sha.h
cam.h
Makefile-mips
nn.cpp
simulator.cpp
common.cpp
Makefile-packages
nn.h
simulator.h
common.h
Makefile-ppc
pmt-proxy.cpp
stats.cpp
console-server.cpp
Makefile-x86
pmt-proxy.h
stats.h
console-server.h
map57.cpp
rqcamd.conf
webif
des.cpp
mapcore.cpp
rqcamd.cpp
win32.h
des.h
mapcore.h
rqcamd.h

Anybody willing to share their card dump please? :)

works with your settings and these three empty files in /var/scce
ROM102.bin
EEP08_102.bin
EEP01_102.bin

nice one despdan...

works with your settings and these three empty files in /var/scce
ROM102.bin
EEP08_102.bin
EEP01_102.bin

nice one despdan...
Yeh clears well on channel changes as well:)

Many Many Thanks to Nozzer you are the best:)

Last edited:
Hi.

Tried the mips version on a DM7025+ and it doesn't seem to be clearing the channels for me... Copied in all of the files into the right directories, all chmod'd appropriately but nothing happening.

Any thoughts?

Hi.

Tried the mips version on a DM7025+ and it doesn't seem to be clearing the channels for me... Copied in all of the files into the right directories, all chmod'd appropriately but nothing happening.

Any thoughts?
Hi mhill7895

Did you use the files i uploaded?

What Image you using?

delete the .mips from the file name & reboot

N2 ire mgcamd is defo working on 7025

@despdan

Yeah, I used the files that you uploaded.

I'm using the Gemini 4.40 image (freshly flashed). I'd initially tried to use the mgcamd fix, but this doesn't appear to work - I'd read that the mips version didn't - so I thought I'd try the rqcamd fix.

I downloaded rcamd and the configs through the image, then FTP'd in all of the files into the right directories. Deleted the old rqcamd file and renamed the new .mips file to the previous files name and chmod 755.

Rebooted.

I have rqcamd set as the camd in the image and left it on SS1 for a while (and then some). No clearing.

I'm sure it's something really stupid, but I've done it a couple of times now and have some idea of what I'm doing, but to no avail.

Hi sorry about mgcamd just reread posts on that:(

try this goto var/bin & rename rqcamd.mips to rqcamd make sure chmod is still 755

then use tuxbox commander to start it goto var/bin/rqcamd highlight it & press ok then red ok & list the contents of the next screen.

So, I opened the rqcamd.log file in /tmp and this is the output (sorry, not sure what the hex represents, so apologise iof these are keys - someone let me know if they are and I'll edit!):

************** Starting log on Sat Aug 1 14:05:50 2009 **************

Loading ROM102 ROM file...
Loading ROM102 EEPROM file for provider 0101...
Loading ROM102 EEPROM file for provider 0901...
Applying ROM102 EEPROM Patches...

cam[di:-]: Ready.

cam[di:-]: Message data:
9F 80 32 34 03 02 C3 07 00 1F 01 81 08 FF FF 00
00 00 07 A7 01 82 02 05 02 84 02 00 26 09 04 18
01 E7 37 09 04 18 02 E7 87 02 07 07 00 00 03 07
A7 00 00 06 07 D7 00 00

SR | SID:1792, NS:00000000, TSID:0000, ONID:0000, PMT PID:0000, DM:1, DMX:0
Root CA Info | CA Descriptors: 0
cam[di:-]: Can't decode. CA info not found.
cam[di:-]: Removing inactive service (SID: 1792).
cam[di:-]: Message data:
9F 80 32 34 03 02 C3 07 00 1F 01 81 08 FF FF 00
00 00 07 A7 01 82 02 05 02 84 02 00 26 09 04 18

Something that struck me - I dont think this would be the issue though...

In the rqcamd.conf file, the force_enigma_version is set to =1 which is for Enigma1: I'd have thought this should be =2 for Engima2.

Also, I see a provider for Chorus, but not for NTL.

Actually, I changed the force_enigma_version to =2 and it is clearing the channels after a restart of the cam... Seems that that was the issue.

Thanks for all of the help anyhow.

not quite sure what has happened here but if despdan and nozzer have created another working n2 cam they deserve a bit more credit than this

anyway well done guys ,this is why this forum goes from strength to strength
:Clap::Cheers::thumbsup::emotions1

not quite sure what has happened here but if despdan and nozzer have created another working n2 cam they deserve a bit more credit than this

Indeed. Everything is working 100% now.

Cheers guys for the hard work.

Is it possible to get the NTL N2 stream decoded on DM8000 using Rqcamd 1.03 on NabiloSat image.

Back