Need help fault finding /LCD TV repair

2primo2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been given a tv by my bro as he knows i like to tinker wid electrickery type things :FRIGHT::FRIGHT: its a LEXSOR Products -> HD LCD TV
lexsor 37" I think its aboot 3- 4 yr old its hdmi and 1080i
i wtd it for a monitor for my pc lol ... as its got d-sub in also
now its a strange old fault and i cant find any info relating to the fault
It turns on it displays the OSD menu on the screen and you can even do pip etc it all seems to display ok blue screen and it even searched for channels , But you can not get it to display from any input ....

nothing from the hdm , scart , etc etc etc no input works

i pulled it to bits and looked for obvious damage bulging caps signs of burnt components it all looks ok ... But it will not display any input
any ideas plz

its the digital input processor unit m8, about as rare as diamond encrusted unicorn turds to get hold of.

ive got the same set on my living room wall, and had the same problem, i tried everything, in the end i bought another set the same from ebay with a smashed in screen, and swapped internal units over one at a time, and swapping that 'box' brought it back to life

i did mine about 15 months ago, and its starting to fail again, when you start the playstation, and the picture resolution switches, the speakers give off a loud 'crack' and sometimes get left with the whole picture squashed into half the screen, get picture but no audio, the picture will freeze but audio carries on, get green / pink pictures, digital 'rips' through the picture

when using in PC input, a white screen causes a very high pitched 'whine' to come from the set

i searched for about 3 months untill i could find a set with parts to get it running again, ive got a 42" LG LCD that i just need a screen for, and the 37" Harwa (Lexor) will be replaced

thx digidude it seems your bang on ... i used th nfo ya game to do some more research and its quite common and its a processor in the board that fails so no easy fix ... ohh well

Back