Need hdd password for dell mini inspiron 10

LUCIUS

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello everyone,I purchased this dell from a thriftstore,i was told that it was password protected which i thought would be no problem because i would just re-install an operating system but once i bought a charger i realized it was hdd password protected,could anyone please help me with this,the service tag is FL74WM1 THANK YOU VERY MUCH

not being funny but have you tried the password crackers that are about first like hawkeye pe - ophcrack ( i think it is called ) and the like
these give you all passwords on the lappy - pc so you can get into it but others may advise better
just an idea for you

Last edited:
With a HDD passwords the quickest method is to put a new hard drive in (unless it's one of those with an SSD soldered direct to the motherboard).

If it's the built-in password try ATAPWD 1.2 (on Hiren's Boot CD).

If it's a 3rd party password, such as TrueCrypt, see if you can format the disk with GParted.

Hey Fella

As the guy above metioned, is the password on the HDD been put there with a 3rd party software such as True Crypt or one of the many others ?

are you sure that its a HDD password and not a password on the BIOS ?

at what stage are you being prompted for the password ?

there are a lot of tools out there, if you have access to another desktop / laptop I would first download Hirens boot CD, I think its at like Version 15 ish now ? that will be your life saver, if you need any help give me a yell.

try one of these passwords

419xrj1e
79c33fid
90053ce00JpLRM1o
nnnnnn9leqvnblm9
ik5av6pm
P0uRKxTslo0GhXux
iziyiyuo90053ce00JpLRM1o
6x85zric
6wmbs3x4
RlKpd4HP1l162woi
0ohg5m6x
79c33fid
ezl0sqov
t6smc4qs
652Sj4Es6g1VR7Gv
d5dk8b7x

Did you get this sorted mate ?

Dban is a Great Program.. And yes it will Wipe the Entire Hard Drive.
h--p://download.cnet.com/Darik-s-Boot-an…

Burn it to a CD, Inset CD, Boot From CD, Type Autonuke and hit enter.
WARNING: Remove any USB's Or They will get wiped Aswell.

You could try Recover/Remove the Password using bootable Means's.
h--p://www.techrena.net/computers/reset-…

I have tried to sort out password protected hard drives in the past without success.

The only solution I have found is to replace the drive and re-install the operating system.

Back