Need a new printer

davie69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My epson rx685 has just informed me that the ink waste pad is saturated and other parts coming to the end of thier service life .
So i need a new printer.
All in one printer needed budget up to about £150
thanx in advance

can you not use the epson service utilty to bring it back to life? or have you done that

Clean out the pads m8. Rinsed my pads under tap then put them through washing machine in a old pillow case put them back in and reset using service tool. Job done!
P.S make sure u ware gloves my hands were blue for a week.

The pads most probably wont even be close to being saturated its a con by epson to get you to pay for a service or buy a new printer

Use this adjustment program to reset your pad counters follow the piccie's
you can do much more but be careful

If you want to physically clean the pads you will have to take the printer apart.

Attachments

• RX685.rar
    625.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Adj1.JPG
    Adj1.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Adj2.JPG
    Adj2.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Adj3.JPG
    Adj3.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
cheers for this mate but every time i run the programme i get a communication error.
error code 21000068

Anyone get this prog for a PX810FW i have already cleaned the inkpads once before but had to pay a tenner for a code for a prog to reset want a free option for next time

Ive tried the ssc service utility thing if thats what u mean
thats what i meant didnt know if it worked on your model or not. the printer mark the yid said to get the compatible cartridges are only £1 same as the ones you use just now

Last edited:
for 150 i might be thinking of a colour lazer printer depending on what you are printing
and how often it is used

cheers for this mate but every time i run the programme i get a communication error.
error code 21000068
It must have the latest firmware on it which means its locked it:(
there is a a program that will reset it its free IF you buy a waste ink kit of the them for £9.75
or you can just by the key for £5.99

Last edited:
It must have the latest firmware on it which means its locked it:(
there is a a program that will reset it its free IF you buy a waste ink kit of the them for £9.75
or you can just by the key for £5.99

Could you please pm a link to me as I have the same printer issues and apparently it needs serviced now

oneman keep up, the post was last march, recon he has bought one by now, mind you if he hasn't he has probably saved a but more so it might be in budget now lol

I need a printer too only needs to be cheap and cheerful about 40 quid but need to take compatible inks pref epson

Back