NDSI XL and R4i

mastic

Inactive User
Reaction score
The wife has just bought a NDSI XL and I have bought her a R4i 3DS which says on the box for NDSi XL. I have downloaded the Wood R4iDSN v1.58 from here and put all 4 files onto the root of the card. Made a folder on the card called games and put in one of her games. Switch on the ds and click the bomberman icon on the screen but all it does is come up with the top screen saying menu and nothing else on both screens.
Where have I gone wrong please

What ofw is your DS currently on? and have you got a link to the R4i mfr website or a picture of it?

ds firmware is ver 1.4.3E but got no link to the card just says on the box R4i 3DS R4I-SDHC 3DS for (3DS LL/ N3DS/NDSi XL/NDSi/NDSL/NDS). On the card itself it says V4.5

Last edited:
I think you got the same card as mine. Download their fw from here and place into the root of your memory card. Then see if it will let you run the fw update for the R4i card!

ds firmware is ver 1.4.3E but got no link to the card just says on the box R4i 3DS R4I-SDHC 3DS for (3DS LL/ N3DS/NDSi XL/NDSi/NDSL/NDS). On the card itself it says V4.5

that has gone in fine, now do I make a folder called games and drag and drop like I used to do with the ds cards

Last edited:
You could try it and see if it will scan the games in that sub folder. I just put all my roms in the root of the card, never cared to test if it will read sub folders or not.

that has gone in fine, now do I make a folder called games and drag and drop like I used to do with the ds cards

You could try it and see if it will scan the games in that sub folder. I just put all my roms in the root of the card, never cared to test if it will read sub folders or not.

Cheers worked a treat, wife is now happy

Back