NBC Live Account

rapha

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Looking into purchasing a NBC Sports account and came across this guys email, the idea is you pay £x and he provides the account for you to login via Kodi (using a MX Android box).
Just wanted to know if anyone has used his services for this as I don't want to risk gifting the money for nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
how much is he charging for this ? if its not a lot it could be worth the gamble

how much is he charging for this ? if its not a lot it could be worth the gamble
£20 with a two month warranty (by that I think he means guarantee, for what it's worth). :S
Of course I will still have to pay for the VPN also, that nets out about £4 a month for it plus the cost of the NBC account.

DO you need am NBC account or can you get away with a VPN to the states and then stream it as before (in the good ol'days?).

Just in the process of purchasing an NBC account £15 for year, bit of toing and froing with this as the guys on Skype, will keep you posted how it goes,
PS for those who might be interested in doing this also

Just an update on the above.
I have now purchased a NBC Sports Live account and yesterday had a go using a DNS from simpletelly
I could access all the games listed on the NBC Sports Live Extra.
However there are a few issues trying to run streams in HD as it causes buffering and jerkiness so at the moment I am using feeds on best quality SD. Also to help resolve the problem I updated my MX box to latest firmware as mine was showing 2013! and ordered a M8 Quad core in the hope that there would be better processing power for handling streams and based on Magnu420 comments about this box. Was tempted to get the Amazon Firestick, I know it's a favourite of Manic01 but just wanted a few more options like usb keyboard and storage.

im using the fire stick atm to test nbc streams , the 1080 and 720 play seamlessy . as opposed to my mx8 quad core which is still jerky as hell. fire stick is well put together piece of kit and has handled all add ons ive tried so far , for the size its unbelievable lol

im using the fire stick atm to test nbc streams , the 1080 and 720 play seamlessy . as opposed to my mx8 quad core which is still jerky as hell. fire stick is well put together piece of kit and has handled all add ons ive tried so far , for the size its unbelievable lol

Have you tried using Raw maintenance addon this will clean you kodi of all the crack it acquires you should also run it on your firestick periodically.

Here's the Repo:
Index of /

To install, follow these steps:
1. Add above link as a source and name it ".solved no issue" (System/File Manager/Add Source)
2. Install the Raw repo (System/Settings/Add-ons/Install from zip file/.solved no issue/Maintenance/repository.rawmaintenance.zip
3. Run the Raw program (Programs/Raw Maintenance/Maintenance) run all three options and reboot Kodi.

Mine is jerky and buffers too and im using a minix neo x8-h plus!
I don't get it???

I don't get it???
Seriously! And to think the Minix neo x8h was what I really wanted having read all the specs but had to settle for the M8 and an Amazon firestick as I wanted to play safe just in case one of them had performance issues.

I don't get it???

The specs look good on this box similar to my t8 and should run fine. What version of kodi are you using? what speed is your internet connection. Does it buffer on other add-ons? Did it buffer from new? If so it could be the firmware has not been updated. Kodi needs a maintenance add-on runing to clean the the unwanted data because every time you run kodi it gathers data and you have to clean it manually this is important. If you don't clean it will eventually fill your disk space and cause issues. Have a read of the link below about
advancedsettings.xml settings also as this can cause issues.
HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Kodi

Have you tried the nbc channels in the vdub25 add-on? they play fine on my box

Last edited:
Ive updated to latest FW. re-flashed from new. Updated kodi to latest version. Nbc app is latest version, tried about 5 different and well known VPN's and the damn thing still buffers. Its horrendous. Im sending mine back.
I know this because using the exact same VPN and nbc sports app via my ipad the video plays superb!
Im keeping my ipad and just buying a cable to connect that to my tv and i'll watch nbc sports on there.
The minix has been nothing but trouble. Numerous man hours wasted and my ipad worked all along.... sort it out minix!

Ive updated to latest FW. re-flashed from new. Updated kodi to latest version. Nbc app is latest version, tried about 5 different and well known VPN's and the damn thing still buffers. Its horrendous. Im sending mine back.
I know this because using the exact same VPN and nbc sports app via my ipad the video plays superb!
Im keeping my ipad and just buying a cable to connect that to my tv and i'll watch nbc sports on there.
The minix has been nothing but trouble. Numerous man hours wasted and my ipad worked all along.... sort it out minix!

Do you have the vdub25 add-on if so just try the nbc channels on that there is three that don't need a vpn 1080, 720 and a sd

Do you have the vdub25 add-on if so just try the nbc channels on that there is three that don't need a vpn 1080, 720 and a sd

Yes I had that but that's no good for EVERY 3pm sat match.
Also the minix doesn't even work with a valid BT login, it just buffers! It's a joke!

Hi Paul7331
Yes I've heard about this issue and some have changed the advancesettings.xml to the one below in order to increase the buffer size
It's not worked for everyone but some it has helped? You would think mimix would get this bloodywell sorted!
this file is found in the users directory, you have to show hidden files to see it.
<advancedsettings><network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Yes I had that but that's no good for EVERY 3pm sat match.
Also the minix doesn't even work with a valid BT login, it just buffers! It's a joke!

Try the zero cache buffer as suggested, or go into the settings and lower the bitrate.

I've sent my minix back to Amazon lads. I've literally spent hours on end tinkering and if it can't even play a legitimate BT app with a wired connection without buffering/ stuttering etc I give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks the dogs doo dar, are you running Kodi with the NBC Sports Extra Live then? And if so you saying it runs perfect in HD without any buffering issues.

Back