Nagra 3

Well i had a hacked set top box then a euro box for years but now have the V+ HD in main living room plus the normal box in bedroom, son still has the euro in his room But i pay them £90pm now so their slowly getting the money's back off me for years of free viewing.

Fook me, what you getting for the £90pm then? Seems a bit steep

We seem to be forgetting that the majority of owners of modded boxes have bought from traders or purchased a third party manufactured stb and have little or no knowledge of how they work. There is a good chance that these people pay nothing to vm or minimum subs at the very least. A total of 20-50000 modded boxes is way off the mark, I would expect that to be the figure per area and not nationally.

Its just been too easy to get hold of third party boxes that has pushed vm to move to Nagra 3. Who could blame them and their revenues should increase significantly in some areas. So don't expect most of those experiencing blank screens coming here or to other forums with a spoon in their hand. It will be those who come here only when they need the occasional card fix or update and not aware of the move to a much more secure encryption.

Looking at the other options available it probably comes down to cs on satelitte, but, here again it has been exploited by public cs servers. So long as providers concentrate on closing down public cs sites, and not target the cs process, it might be a viable alternative. But, I am sure that Mr Murdock will be putting all his efforts into bringing cs to an end, so don't expect it to last too long on Sky.

So my options are staying with vm for their broadband and paying extra tv subs if I cannot get what I want off the internet or moving to a motorised satelitte system with private cs.

James

Providers may well feel the need to reduce c/s capacity, increasing ecm processing times ect.
But illiminating it is a different puppy. While providers are insisting on controlling what receivers we use to view there services it isn't actually reasonable for them to do so, since they are not just controlling there own programming they are deciding our hardware options. As well as unfairly restricting our receiver options and the ability to compete of various manufacturers.
People viewing legitimately require softcams to operate multiple subscribed cards, in the case of cable a direct physical connection is require (the feed), ultimately this places cable in the position of being able to restrict reasonably the hardware that is used. No such position is occupied by satellite providers, attacking c/s is attacking softcams which will just lead to further development to compensate. They are simply not in a position to continue to justify attacks on softcams of legitimate subscibers simply choosing to use a non provider supplied crappy piece of hardware.

Fook me, what you getting for the £90pm then? Seems a bit steep

V+ box All channels HD, but when you have V+ box you keep the old one for another room
Phone
20meg BB
plus 2 mobile sims 300min + 300 txts pm for £10.

V+ box All channels HD, but when you have V+ box you keep the old one for another room
Phone
20meg BB
plus 2 mobile sims 300min + 300 txts pm for £10.

I'd give them a bell m8, I joined the Sky deal posted in Bargains and called Virgin to say I was leaving they offered me Virgin+ HD, Phoneline and 10meg BB for £38pm so if your not in 12 mnth contract, just tell them you thinking of leaving cause the bill is too much nd they should reduce the bill

Got about 3months left on contract and i'm gonna be calling them mate, pisses me off tho cus i've been with them since the 90's and still have to take a contract out when i upgraded, and still treated like shite when you ask for anything off them.

Completely agree mate, at the minute I've got 2 contracts out with them and the BB and phoneline and am payin £64pm told them I only wanted the BB instead of phoneline nd he wanted to charge me £25 but with phone it was £24, told them I had contracts so no need for phoneline and I wanted the deal new customers got for BB, he said I had a deal when I joined so cannot get another 1 now, just gonna fuk them off and join another BB provider had enough of my money and they treat you like shit but new customers mean everything, I told him would he rather keep a loyal customer or get somebody who may not pay anything and was told new customers are a priority. What a joke

Back