nagra 3 timescale

so for us london and south england lot we may have the cut off march....

still a way to go really but Im still gonna ditch my box sooner rather then later and go moterised finaly.

vm are in debt and if and when n3 comes out then they will lose 10s 0f thousands of £40 per month customers

Perhaps one of the reasons for the huge debt is the large amount of people who are helping themselves !

tbh, I doubt they will lose that many and, overall, i'd bet they will see an increase in cable TV revenue. Most people will just want the easiest solution which, in most cases, will be a simple phonecall to VM to increase their package.

VM aren't at all interested if they lose the the thousands of freeloaders who pay nothing at all. Getting rid of those is a positive bonus !

Strangely enough, nozzer, in this modern business world, things ain't that clear cut...

I've always felt utter contempt for the real pirates- who find an active vm point where they're living, and tap in for free. The rest of us, who've always followed NA's Bible to the letter, and pay at least minimum subs to vm each month, I regard as parasites, where parasite and host are each keeping the other alive. NA went to prison for issueing his sound advice, by the way...

But in either case, pirates and parasites, neither actually cost VM a dime. It is Rupert that feels hard done by, coz he only gets paid by vm for actual subbed Movies and Sports sold by VM. He even counts the loss of Advertising Revenue into his equations, on account that more peeps are actually watching Sly pay channels than official figures count!

Now we cut to the chase. For every vm customer who signs up for Sly Movies and/or Sly Sports packs on cable- vm actually lose money! Incredible, but absolutely true! So, in a way, us parasites who tap into movies 'n sport without anyone knowing, are doing Sir Richie a big favour- we're at least helping him to break even!!

As for the eventual outcome, if vm persist on blanket n3 coverage, I totally agree with my good m8 Gav here:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1668874/

Cheers- AL :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No1 i didn't know he got nicked for it, how long did he get?

No2 i agree it could be the end of cable tv unless they come up with some pretty good prices or more package choice (choose specific channels you want as opposed to packages).

SKY hold all the trump cards with the major channels though so VM will always be more expensive for tv.

Now we cut to the chase. For every vm customer who signs up for Sly Movies and/or Sly Sports packs on cable- vm actually lose money! Incredible, but absolutely true!

Nah, thats just not true !

Agreed its a fairly low profit margin but VM do make profit from the TV side of the business. If VM actually were making a loss by reselling Sky packages on the cable platform then various commisions would of stepped in long ago and sorted the problem.

You also need to take into account other factors. If VM could increase their TV user base by say, a Million subscribers, then they would be in a better position to demand lower wholesale prices per subscriber from Sky. this would result in better profit margins (its doubtful VM would pass the savings on to subscribers).

Only stating exactly what I read in the Daily Mail a couple of months ago, nozzer. And VM, along with BT and other providers ARE involving OFCOM in this, by asking for lower wholesale prices from Sly. Still ongoing, with Sly applying their usual legal delaying tactics.

And VM have already ceased cable TV to Commercial Premises. They were losing money on that as well- mind boggling when even a small pub like my local is paying Sly over £800 a month! VM had to charge exactly the same as Sly to the penny. So now Sly have a total monopoly in this sector...

Cheers- AL :)

Well VM won't be getting any extra from me....... I've alway's paid for BB, Phone & Tv basic package - Just had the added extra of all the channels with a Evox ........ All good things come to an end - some people accept it, others will moan on and on

Well I'll be sticking with VM. No danger am I giving up my 50Meg BB.

I'll keep their TV cos the M pack is free anyway but I haven't watched TV for more than a year now.

Better things to do than watch hundreds of channels of mostly mindless drivel.

I usually download my drivel as well :banana:

just been reading the leeds fix post, is it a long joke or for real

Back