Mysql & php

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm hoping some one who has had experience with Apache, MYSQL and PHP could help me out.

I have used MYSQL & PHP back in my college days and designed a simple guestbook which I have forgot most of the PHP scripting method.

I was wondering if there was any programs that enabled me to realtime to design a html/php script that allowed me to create a page which allows me to add data to tables, display the data and then through an admin page modify/delete the data in them tables.

Im thinking of something along the lines of dreamweaver which does all the scripting for you?

Cheers!

I doubt there would be anything that could deal with the many expressions and statements.

There is a program called notetab that has php and many other languages built in so it will put the code in colour which for me is really handy can see if you are missing end parts or will highlight if you are missing parts or your code.

But the only way i found to be able to test is to run it live or on a backup machine running php, apache, etc

Oh and do not use apache its a computer hog!

Regards
Mickie D

Answered your own question, Dreamweaver is the best thing to do all of that.

Install WAMP on your machine, contains Apache, MySQL and PHP. You can turn these on/off, restart services, swap version of PHP and MySQL for testing etc...

Intall Dreamweaver. The best way to learn how to use the functions is by book, I recommend Apress and Friends of ED books.

There is another framework called Zend which is popular. Not looked into it much yet but I will be as I will need to be building more complex aps which Dreamweaver isn't much cop at, but Zend is, apparently.

From my bookmarks.

http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/627

http://www.goodphptutorials.com/

http://www.phpbuddy.com/

Last edited:
Answered your own question, Dreamweaver is the best thing to do all of that.

Install WAMP on your machine, contains Apache, MySQL and PHP. You can turn these on/off, restart services, swap version of PHP and MySQL for testing etc...

Intall Dreamweaver. The best way to learn how to use the functions is by book, I recommend Apress and Friends of ED books.

There is another framework called Zend which is popular. Not looked into it much yet but I will be as I will need to be building more complex aps which Dreamweaver isn't much cop at, but Zend is, apparently.

From my bookmarks.

PHP 101: PHP For the Absolute Beginner

Good PHP Tutorials - Beginner To Advanced PHP Programming Tutorials

Learn PHP the easy way - PHPBuddy.com
The Zend Framework and PHP are pretty much the same thing.

I didnt think Dreamweaver had a realtime interface to a DB though?

The Zend Framework and PHP are pretty much the same thing.

I didnt think Dreamweaver had a realtime interface to a DB though?

No, it doesn't mate, think he is asking for someting to build pages to query a DB though. If I want to edit a DB by hand, I use MySQL Administrator which you can get from the offical MySQL website for free, also like to use MySQL Front (need to make sure WAMP is running if the DB is on your local machine to do this). Though, aslong as WAMP is running, Dreamweaver has a live data display function which will show data on your pages within dreamweaver design time from your DB, local or remote.

From what I gather, Zend is an enviroment for producing PHP aps, sort of like dreamweaver, has functions built in so you don't have to hand code them. There are loads of PHP frameworks, PHP Cake is another, they all have their benefits and pitfalls.

I want to get into Zend though because it is a development enviroment... Just need to read a book on it to get me started and the rest should follow...

Back