My view today

Give us a clue, looks Spanish maybe,

Vorrei un birra per mei e una te per lei. :)

I have took loads of pics but they just don’t do Rome justice. You really need to see it with your own eyes tbh.
Went to the Vatican City yesterday which was very impressive.
Had a wonder round today and visited the Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps.
Weather has been perfect.
We are off on a tour of the Coliseum tomorrow for a bit
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius😆

Hey Avid can you recommend a good area of rome to stop in please. I was going to go there sometime this year.

On another note, it's a bit left field but I'm off to vegas in 4 weeks to stop in the Venetian hotel, so i will see a little part of italy.

Trastevere is the old part and easy to get to major attractions via foot or public transport. Also has the advantage of being less pricey when eating and drinking out.

I recall about 5 years ago picking a restaurant in Trastevere one night, that had a load of Nuns eating outside.Thought if it was good enough for them, good enough for me.
Had a cracking meal. One thing that stood out was the wine we had with the meal was about 12-14 euros for the bottle. 2 days later the exact same wine at one of the restaurants around one of the main squares was 39 euro....we had taken a picture so we know it was identical. Watch out for tourist trap main squares.

Hey Avid can you recommend a good area of rome to stop in please. I was going to go there sometime this year.

On another note, it's a bit left field but I'm off to vegas in 4 weeks to stop in the Venetian hotel, so i will see a little part of italy.
We are in an area called Prati which is about 3/4 of a mile away from the Vatican City. Not loads of tourists all over but lots of Italians.
The hotel is called the Orazia Palace which is really nice and staff are friendly.
There is also a rooftop that you can access and have a drink and look out over Rome.
The first picture I posted on my original post was taken from the rooftop of the hotel.
I don’t know much about the other areas in Rome, as I have not stopped in Rome before.
This is our first tbh but we like it here as there are not loads of tourists all over.
We haven’t met any British people in the hotel either but was booked through Jet2 City breaks.
All amenities are in walking distance from our hotel.

I recall about 5 years ago picking a restaurant in Trastevere one night, that had a load of Nuns eating outside.Thought if it was good enough for them, good enough for me.
Had a cracking meal. One thing that stood out was the wine we had with the meal was about 12-14 euros for the bottle. 2 days later the exact same wine at one of the restaurants around one of the main squares was 39 euro....we had taken a picture so we know it was identical. Watch out for tourist trap main squares.
There is an Italian engineer that comes into my wife’s work, and he also mentioned this area to visit for food and drinks which was also very good value for money.

I have took loads of pics but they just don’t do Rome justice. You really need to see it with your own eyes tbh.
Went to the Vatican City yesterday which was very impressive.
Had a wonder round today and visited the Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps.
Weather has been perfect.
We are off on a tour of the Coliseum tomorrow for a bit
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius😆
Looks great mate, enjoy.
I'd recommend getting an actual person to give u a guided tour tomorrow mate, we did a few years ago & the young lady was absolutely fantastic, really informative.
HH.

Looks great mate, enjoy.
I'd recommend getting an actual person to give u a guided tour tomorrow mate, we did a few years ago & the young lady was absolutely fantastic, really informative.
HH.
Yes we have booked a proper guided tour through GetYourGuide.
We had a guided tour of the Vatican City also and the lady who took us had been doing the Vatican tour for the last 27 years. She knew everything and was really lovely.
Well worth the extra money for a guided tour imo and you also jump the queue’s which are massive.

Heading home today and had great time. Would definitely go back to Rome.
While we were there for a couple of days military planes kept flying over the city and was very impressive. Here is one of my Mrs photos take in the Piazza Novona.

3776FE80-7374-4723-91F9-419D4EFD43C8.jpeg

Back