My Neighbours!

djkarloz

Inactive User
Reaction score
I live in a nice area. It aint posh, but the peope around here are nice, say hello and the area looks clean.

A 2 years ago we got new neighbours. They'd come from one of the worst areas in town, but they seemed ok and so did their 2 young kids.

5 houses share a parkway area, all having 2 spaces each. After a while he had taken over it with his massive nissan patrol, quad bike, motor bike, crosser and trailer. And to make it worse, when he parked his patrol, he would take up 2 spaces so he could get in and out.

I thought it was strange that he could afford all this (and the 2 holidays a year) as his missus didnt work, but then he was working 12 hour nights as a taxi driver.

At the same time his kids (6 & 7 year old boys) are always out playing on the green effing and blinding all day. Then their mum will come out shout "get here you f***ing little b*****ds, if you dont pack it in Im gonna lock you in that cupboard again!" Ive had to stop my 5 year old from playing on the front.
They have smashed the cable box, next doors (my other side) electric and gas boxes with their ball. And wrecked the front of their house and it looks a right eye sore now.

Found out from my other neighbour (who works for benefits department) that he is claiming disability and she is his carer, but there is nothing they can do as he is fiddling his books and saying he's only working 16 hour a week.

To piss me off even more he has now bought a BMW M3 convertable on a '10' plate. I have to walk passed it everyday I go to work to get to my 'ford focus'.

They recently got 3 dogs, that are constantly locked in the garden barking. Theres shit all over their garden floor. They have washing on the line for days at a time, even when it rains. The other day I went to take the kids to school in the morning and she was taking their kids school clothes off the line, soaking wet, to get em ready.

I aint a snob. But they are pissing me off and there is nothing we can do about it.

Everyone in the area cant stand them even people in the next street can hear them shouting and swearing.

Rant over!

I feel sorry for you, It would piss me off as well tbh, the bit that really gets me is he's living off benefits and working full time hours, f***ing skum!
Im assuming he doesn't own the house? all you can hope for is they get moved on once they have totally wrecked that house !

Private renting.

If they open the backdoor you can smell the house in my garden. The landlord came round a month or so ago, but they still here.

if he is claiming benefits and working you can report him and her they have to investigate

Have you seen how hard it is... about 8 forms to fill in and I dont have all the answers.

Like I say, the woman the other side works for the benefits office and has tried but got nowhere.

He did have a stroke a few years ago and probably should be on benefits. Its the working he shouldnt be doing. Especially a taxi driver.

Have a quiet word with the local police in your area tell them you think he could be putting peoples lives at risk driving that taxi and tell them about the neglecting kids and locking them in cupboards. They will have to investigate the matter.

Social Services about the kids n the way they are treat and neglected, Benefits have to tail this guy sod his books they have investigators that watch them and follow them. Inform the RSPCA & The local council dog warden section about them mistreating the dogs by leaving them outside all weather with no shelter. Complain to your local MP and get all the neighbours to do the same reports to the same authorities that you contact the more complaints the better m8

go the local hackney and private hire licensing dept. and tell them of ur worries about him working all the hour's he is. the hackney police will go in to his office and check the logs on the pc. as to how many hours and how many jobs he is carring out when he's working.. also he should have informed them that he'a had a stroke.. and thats by law. cant see any council allowing him to drive a car for hire after a stroke with out a full medical

go the local hackney and private hire licensing dept. and tell them of ur worries about him working all the hour's he is. the hackney police will go in to his office and check the logs on the pc. as to how many hours and how many jobs he is carring out when he's working.. also he should have informed them that he'a had a stroke.. and thats by law. cant see any council allowing him to drive a car for hire after a stroke with out a full medical

How does anyone know that he hasnt informed the, or had a clearance medical. Some of the suggestions on this thread are just downright vindictive. If you have a problem with your neighbour Face him up not GRASS him up.
The OP isnt a law abiding angel either just noticed in another thread he is asking about something dodgy lol.

How does anyone know that he hasnt informed the, or had a clearance medical. Some of the suggestions on this thread are just downright vindictive. If you have a problem with your neighbour Face him up not GRASS him up.
The OP isnt a law abiding angel either just noticed in another thread he is asking about something dodgy lol.
am just offering advice ;)

I never said from the beginning I wanted to grass him up. And I have had it out with him. He just laughs and tries to piss me off more.

What's tipped it is the dog barking constantly!

I know I ain't completely law abiding, but I ain't putting peoples lives at risk.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I never said from the beginning I wanted to grass him up. And I have had it out with him. He just laughs and tries to piss me off more.

What's tipped it is the dog barking constantly!

I know I ain't completely law abiding, but I ain't putting peoples lives at risk.

I am not having a go at you m8. More a rant about some of the suggestions

Oh sorry.

Gotta say when your this pissed off with someone these suggestions sound good. Lol.
He can rip off the government all he wants, but don't rub my nose in it.

My DJ, you do sound like a frustrated, angry person!

I have to agree, some of the suggestions are a little OTT. Surprised you haven't yet seen a suggestion to set their door alight :)

5 houses share a parkway area, all having 2 spaces each. After a while he had taken over it with his massive nissan patrol, quad bike, motor bike, crosser and trailer. And to make it worse, when he parked his patrol, he would take up 2 spaces so he could get in and out.

First couple of questions, do you drive, does it cause you problems when parking?

Have you actually tried to talk to him about it?

If it's community parking you really don't have a lot of say, because it is in effect on the road, these things become more of an "unwritten" general agreement, but some people do seem to think they own everything.

I thought it was strange that he could afford all this (and the 2 holidays a year) as his missus didnt work, but then he was working 12 hour nights as a taxi driver.

Personally that's his lifestyle, you may wonder but at the end of the day I'm not really sure what that has to do with you. Many taxi drivers claim they only do x hours per day/week yet take home significantly more. I know someone that does the same, but I don't get involved. If i worried about every bugger trying to defraud the state/tax I would have nothing else better to do!

It it's really an issue, write to the tax/benefits office.

At the same time his kids (6 & 7 year old boys) are always out playing on the green effing and blinding all day. Then their mum will come out shout "get here you f***ing little b*****ds, if you dont pack it in Im gonna lock you in that cupboard again!" Ive had to stop my 5 year old from playing on the front.

They are 6/7, I have kids during the whole summer playing football next to my house, they are doing no harm and in fact I have no real issue with it, I may have to ask them now and then to stop kicking the ball against the fence but I mean really, what do you expect kids to do?

I also very much doubt you could get social services involved on a whimsical comment.

If you have an issue with it, speak to their parents.

They have smashed the cable box, next doors (my other side) electric and gas boxes with their ball. And wrecked the front of their house and it looks a right eye sore now.

Have you reported it to the cable provider? Are anyone's services out? Does the landlord know?

Found out from my other neighbour (who works for benefits department) that he is claiming disability and she is his carer, but there is nothing they can do as he is fiddling his books and saying he's only working 16 hour a week. To piss me off even more he has now bought a BMW M3 convertable on a '10' plate. I have to walk passed it everyday I go to work to get to my 'ford focus'.

Sorry to be direct, but this is just bitterness and if there is one thing that winds me up is busybody neighbors that have nothing better to do than watch everything you do and get. I have the same with someone that lives next to me (at the rear), and by god they really pi$$ me off because they can't keep their nose out of my business.

They recently got 3 dogs, that are constantly locked in the garden barking. Theres shit all over their garden floor. They have washing on the line for days at a time, even when it rains. The other day I went to take the kids to school in the morning and she was taking their kids school clothes off the line, soaking wet, to get em ready.

And? He life, her washing her garden, her dogs, not your issue. If the dogs are suffering report it to the RSPCA. If dogs are too noisy report it to the council.

Sorry mate, but whilst some of your points may frustrate you, some of them you really should be saying..what the f*** does it have to do with me, and get on with your life!

Last edited:
Im not an anrgy person at all. Im relaxed about everything. Ive been the most tolerant in my street and even said to people moaning about them to give them the benefit of doubt.

Am I bitter that I have to go to work all ours to struggle to get by for my family while he gets to do everything he wants??? Yes, too right I am. Id love to be at home with my family all the time!

1st. The parking area has dedicated parking for each of the 5 people (I have the plans for the house and it shows my spaces on it). And yes I drive and have 2 cars. But I (and the other people around here) park in our assigned space. I have talked to him about it.

2nd. Its hard not to watch them when they are outside screaming at their kids every 5 minutes. The kids have wrecked everything. I came home from work and found the 7 year old with a brick smacking my drainpipe and he put a hole in it, before kicking a hole in my other neighbours fence. I told him off, went to see his folks who laughed and said they'd ground him. 10 minutes laters hes outside. I looked at our house on google street view the other day and the area looked so nice. It doesnt anymore.

3rd. My missus works in a shop in town and took someonwes address for something or other and realised she lived behind us once they realised we live next door to them, she said she felt sorry for us. She lives 2 streets away and can hear them shouting and screaming at each other all day.

4th. My other neighbour with the broken fence has rung the police and they have been out and said they have had reports from a lot of people in the area.

If you lived nextdoor to them you would know how bad it is. The only things that piss me off are the things that affect me.

Last edited:
ppl that say sort it out ya self. and front it ya self lol.. dont live nxt door to big stead heads. who just laugh at u
boot on other foot and all that.... come on who is going to say nxt door are makining r lives hell and he's built like a big shit wall

Bit harsh that Exos if you ask me, Why dont you just kick dj in the testicles and finish him off while you are at it.The poor chap is probably awake half the night wondering how to get out of this mess. Yes the solution is to move but why should people get forced out of there own homes because scum cannot look after there kids properly. If this guy has a stroke while a member of your family was in his cab what would you think? he is a liability and should not be able to drive this would be a start.

Information on driving and transport from Epilepsy Society : Epilepsy Society
Still think he is safe?????

Bit harsh that Exos if you ask me, Why dont you just kick dj in the testicles and finish him off while you are at it.The poor chap is probably awake half the night wondering how to get out of this mess. Yes the solution is to move but why should people get forced out of there own homes because scum cannot look after there kids properly. If this guy has a stroke while a member of your family was in his cab what would you think? he is a liability and should not be able to drive this would be a start.

Information on driving and transport from Epilepsy Society : Epilepsy Society
Still think he is safe?????

Am I missing something mate, where did the epilepsy come into it?

Did you mean something like: The Stroke Association - Factsheet 02: Driving after stroke

Who's to say he hasn't had that assessment already? or indeed it's been deemed necessary that he needs one?

Sorry, yes it may seem harsh and I'm not in the position myself so I don't have a handle on the reality, but on the surface I haven't seen anything other than conjecture. There isn't anything in what's been said where something concrete has been tried (other than chatting to a neighbour and asking him about some specifics)

I also don't think I ever said anything about moving, Don't shoot me but it's just an opinion and I think the OP is in some cases is sticking his nose in (SOME) things that really are none of his business.

If there are problems with specifics, and he's tried to approach him about it, rather than gossiping with another neighbour, do something about it. The routes exist for a reason (council, taxi's, rspca, landlord etc etc). If there are enough disgruntled community members and it isn't something that hasn't gone Un-noticed then until something factual, evidential and the correct responsibility areas are advised, then there isn't a great deal you can do except carry on with your life.

Last edited:
Back