my ip address as changed

sharpe1983

DW Regular
Reaction score
my ip as changed but cant find out how to change it back to original one check network connections but it not say the ip it has change to it give me a diffrent one tried repairing it but still the same as anyone got a solution to this

thanks in advance

Your IP address is supposed to change, your ISP does that. Your MAC address will remain the same as well as your computer name.

Why do you want your old one???

which provider are you with m8, your ip address could have changed for number of reasons.

IE. your modem went off line, you provider had a problem

dont think there is anyway to changed it back to one you had before

i am with ntl first numbers of old ip was 62 and the new ip address starts with 81 i never new that my ip changes i thought you get one ip and thats it

Do you need it for connecting remotely? it wont make any difference. its more of a security feature

every time i log in and out on BT i get a new one..........

it's great when some were ban's ya IP............lol...........

sharpe1983 said:
i have got a router pluged in woould this change my ip

No your router did not cause this, its your ISP (internet service provider)

Having ur ip changed is actually quite good for security reasons.

ISPs have a limited number of IP addresses so every time you log on they allocate you one for that session. They'd run out if all customers logged on at the same time! Very few ISPs provide static IPs that are yours alone.

If you have a broadband connection & you use a router/modem then you should periodically reboot the device, to grab a new IP address. Having the same IP address for long periods can give you secuirty problems...
You can have a static IP if required, if your hosting a web site on your PC etc, but that normally costs extra mainly something for business users not joe public.
If your not sure about your ip visit DNSSTUFF HERE, a very useful site...

Last edited:
Back