my first dvb-c setup

I installed NVideo Pure and now get sound on HD channels but no video - may sound like a daft question, but do I need a NVideo graphics card in order to use NVideo codec

I installed NVideo Pure and now get sound on HD channels but no video - may sound like a daft question, but do I need a NVideo graphics card in order to use NVideo codec

You could try and play around (increase) with the video buffer and packet sizes I think it's under video options although I'm not sure if this will cause problems with regular channels, never really had any problems with HD and DVBDream.

You could try and play around (increase) with the video buffer and packet sizes I think it's under video options although I'm not sure if this will cause problems with regular channels, never really had any problems with HD and DVBDream.

did some testing by recording the HD channel in DVB Dream as MPG and then it played perfectly thru Windows Media Player .. so DVB Dream can not show the HD video but can record the content and also can play thru media player

another update

Installed ProgDVB v6 and this does display HD chanels

after checking it is using the Elecard MPG2 codec, which DVB DReam has installed but when selected it doesnt display HD using same codec, can only assume the codec file used (.asx) is different between ProgDVB and DVB Dream

whats ideal hardware spec to show HD channels

I think my hardware P4 2.6 gHz 1 GB RAM and on board video (Intel chipset) may not be beefy enough for HD content

whats ideal hardware spec to show HD channels

I think my hardware P4 2.6 gHz 1 GB RAM and on board video (Intel chipset) may not be beefy enough for HD content

I think it's your on board video that is not up to it!! most of the codecs mentioned will play HD no problem.

I think it's your on board video that is not up to it!! most of the codecs mentioned will play HD no problem.

I thought as much, will get a decent AGP card - will 128MB be enough

with that processor you will need a card with hd acceleration for anything other than vm hd tv - an old 128mb agp card is highly unlikely to cut it with real hd - broadly speaking thats ati 3xxx series or above or nvidia 8xxx or above - tho check for specific cards as not all the 8xxx series had it enabled

How about this, It's PCIe btw XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB DDR2 PCI-Express Graphics Card - Aria PC depends what you want to spend, think it has HDMI out but I'd check if you fancy it and I'm sure it would solve all your problems.

thats a good price for the card only problem is the desktop I have has no PCIe slots, my main computer is a Quad Core machine with 4 GB RAM .. but cant use that as the DVB-C computer is my old P4 desktop.

this little project of mine was just some thing I wanted to mess around with, as come April the card will become useless on VM network

if it's only vm hdtv thats only a mpeg2 stream at around 12-20mb's - even onboard graphics should be able to render it - it's barely higher than a commercial dvd

whilst I use mediaportal for htpc stuff and have no experince with any of the other apps you are trying with regards to codecs I use a the ms mpeg codec for video and he mpc-mpa ao decoder for audio - tho baring hd sound any mpeg video or audio codec will in my experience at least work - maybe not well but they will work - my base install is vista (to get the ms codec), vista codec pack and coreavc - thats it - any codecs not explitly installed will be handled by ffdshow

hd sound will not work in the ms audio codec - afaik it works in all other codecs I have installed

on my xp htpc head it's xp pro, vista codec pack, and coreavc with everythign left at default in settings in mediaportal

a seperate grpahics card may help your problem - a bit - but only in as much as the graphics wont be slowing down the main system due to the memory being shared - a s/h 128mb agp card shouldnt cost more than a fiver inc postage from ebay to find out if thats the way you decide to go - but it probably isnt the main cause of your issues - I've had smoothish tv rendering on 1 gig systems using onboard ati rage graphics - 10 mins to change a channel but once done it works ok lol

finally success with HD channels on ProgDVB

changed the video settings (as attached) and getting all HD channels with no stutter or anything

a quickie on vplug

like on the DM's when using the EvoCamd - the keys are stored in the var/keys/keylist.txt file

what file are the keys stored on vplug and if I wish to confirm AU is working correctly, how do I delete the keys and ensure the new keys is retrieved on the stream and used by vplug

I would wait until one of the more experienced guys answers this question but i think i checked AU by replacing the OP keys in vplug monitor with 0000000000000000 within a few seconds vplug had found the keys again.

a quickie on vplug

like on the DM's when using the EvoCamd - the keys are stored in the var/keys/keylist.txt file

what file are the keys stored on vplug and if I wish to confirm AU is working correctly, how do I delete the keys and ensure the new keys is retrieved on the stream and used by vplug

I don't think they are stored in a file, you can see what keys its using and if it's decrypting in the editor-blue icon top right, read this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/222010/ and https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/197241/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back