MW2 will not be getting shipped early from online retailers

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
As some may know with Shopto they offen send out the games so you get them a day early. So with the info they have release, means the likes of, Game, play, Amazon anyone online will be following the same rules.

Doesn't bother me that much as i'll get it on the day of release but thought i would post it, incase people have orders, want to cancel and then get it from the shops at midnight
rumour has it, might be another price war with Asda and Tesco, so the weekend papers will be the ones to watch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is from shopto.

We have always shipped to be in your hand for release day at the very latest, anything before release date is always a bonus. . We do not need 100 different threads on the same subject (or swearing ones when its read by people of all ages).

No rivals have shipped MW2 early. Activision has ordered every company not to ship early simple as that. Where all under embargo on this one like GTAIV. NOONE is allowed to ship and deliver early for release day Tuesday via courier or face repercussions (couriers can be used to hold orders till a certain date for delivery)

We are currently shipping Monday for Tuesday delivery via UK mail. If this alters at any point we will post this.

Rivals might be charging you early but thats so you cant jump ship and then cancel and as said above nowhere is allowed to ship and deliver early by Activision.

Other companies are very good at charging you up to a week in advance and then not dispatching it for delivery until the day of release. We dont do this as we think it is unfair. We as a general rule allow you to cancel up until processing for dispatch at anytime.

apparently sainsburys will have it for £26 on release. no idea how accurate that is, but heres hoping that the rest do it for £25, undercut them

Bit to early at the moment, as you say alot are rumours of the price etc.
I think in the sat & sun papers, thats when it'll all be in the open about if there is a price work. I hope there is as then i'll get some money back with my order lol

You sure mate ?

Had email from game today saying

Your Order Number(s):
05660095/P

Qty Description
1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (with Exclusive Preorder Bonus & FREE Upgraded Courier Delivery*) [Xbox 360]

We are pleased to advise that your order, 056******/P, is now on its way!

Track Your Order Processing Status
You can track the current status of your order using the Order Tracking system.

Once the item has left our Distribution Centre it cannot be tracked unless your order is being sent via Special Delivery.

Track Your Special Delivery Order*
If your order is being sent by Special Delivery your tracking number is: BA6*******

Web site track order bit says

03/11/2009 Your order has been dispatched.
03/11/2009 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
02/11/2009 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
01/11/2009 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
01/11/2009 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

this is happened with a few mate on some forums

according to Activision they can't release it early. But it doesn't stop them, taking your money, packing it then giving it to the couriers, telling them to deliver it on the Tuesday so would just sit there till then.

I hope i wrong, so will be interesting to see

this is happened with a few mate on some forums

according to Activision they can't release it early. But it doesn't stop them, taking your money, packing it then giving it to the couriers, telling them to deliver it on the Tuesday so would just sit there till then.

I hope i wrong, so will be interesting to see

Could be right, but one thing I can see happening ... with the royal mail strike action before and coming end of the week... I cant see a courier sitting on the amount of these that need to go out till Tuesday lol They would be snowed under with there other deliveries as well

I agree with you mate on that score, the amount of volumes they are gonna have because of RM will be crazy.
But the thing is alot of them either don't work over weekend and if they do, it's crazy money for it to be delivered and no company would of paid it, will be the standard next day service.
I think if people get it in the next 48 hours then fair enough etc. otherwise it'll turn up on Monday/tuesday
But for shopto to say they aint sending it out till monday, does seem a bit odd in my view.

i'd be happy for it to come by a monkey riding a pig, as long as it comes i just don't care

I agree with you mate on that score, the amount of volumes they are gonna have because of RM will be crazy.
But the thing is alot of them either don't work over weekend and if they do, it's crazy money for it to be delivered and no company would of paid it, will be the standard next day service.
I think if people get it in the next 48 hours then fair enough etc. otherwise it'll turn up on Monday/tuesday
But for shopto to say they aint sending it out till monday, does seem a bit odd in my view.

i'd be happy for it to come by a monkey riding a pig, as long as it comes i just don't care

Know what ya mean mate, even if they do send them out early .... cant play them anyway until official release date, I would think activision are going to be watching UK live connecitons for MW2 and banning gamertags that play early lol .... Dont care about the one I been playing on, or the console either tbh... its old and rrod 3 times already lol.

If mine comes tomorrow I shall rip it with xbc :)

HMV have sent me an email saying -

Your order’s in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty Format Artist Title Price Estimated Delivery
1 HC PLAYSTATION 3 GAME CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 £119.99 1-3 days

:) :) :)

Know what ya mean mate, even if they do send them out early .... cant play them anyway until official release date, I would think activision are going to be watching UK live connecitons for MW2 and banning gamertags that play early lol .... Dont care about the one I been playing on, or the console either tbh... its old and rrod 3 times already lol.

If mine comes tomorrow I shall rip it with xbc :)

according to some sites, activision have said that the servers won't be up till the release date. Which is kind of clever if it's true, but could just be rumours. Seems to be tons going about. What we know for sure is you have a tracking number, so keep an eye on it

I'm not sure thats true as some people have download the hacked version for there chipped machines and play online with spoofed gamertags and such. The servers must be up and running even if its just for testing perposes.

Also I cant see how you can be banned from xbox for playing a game that you have paid for from a retailer. If they send it out early by hook or by crook it's not right for the gamer to be punished for it.

One more thing what about all the early releases for the media and such they will all have early copies for review and testing that sort of thing so again I think everything should be fine early release or not.

I have my order with Play.com so fingers crossed I get it Monday if not well Tuesday is fine.

I'm not sure thats true as some people have download the hacked version for there chipped machines and play online with spoofed gamertags and such. The servers must be up and running even if its just for testing perposes.

Also I cant see how you can be banned from xbox for playing a game that you have paid for from a retailer. If they send it out early by hook or by crook it's not right for the gamer to be punished for it.

One more thing what about all the early releases for the media and such they will all have early copies for review and testing that sort of thing so again I think everything should be fine early release or not.

I have my order with Play.com so fingers crossed I get it Monday if not well Tuesday is fine.

thats right mate, I have been online with it the past few days :) on live. working fine

There is ppl on some forums saying they have got the game, this morning

my mate did say he had it as well, he's in leeds. but the tw*t was winding me up

just found this, emailing going around

Dear Customer, Thank you for your recent preorder. Due to the industrial action by Royal Mail, we're doing things a little bit differently here at GAME Towers to ensure we despatch your preorder in time for release day delivery. This includes processing your order early. As a result, you may have received an email telling you that 'your preorder is on its way'. You may even find that your account has been debited. Sadly this does not mean you'll be getting your game early. It simply means we've started the ignition, our foot is to the floor, the wheels are spinning... we only have to release the handbrake and your game is on its way! In short, your preorder is ready and waiting and raring to go! Happy gaming! The GAMECustomer Services Team"

Last edited:
as for playing online, it's days like this I so sodding wish i had a bloody XBOX360 lol

I have both mate I was going to hack the dvd firmware but then I though well its only a weeks wait and I do alot of online play so if I was to get banned I would be gutted. I cant wait for MW2 on xbox I have 3 days booked off to play providing I get it Monday.

Also MAG for the PS3 looks amazing I just wish I could get iinto the beta :(

I have both mate I was going to hack the dvd firmware but then I though well its only a weeks wait and I do alot of online play so if I was to get banned I would be gutted. I cant wait for MW2 on xbox I have 3 days booked off to play providing I get it Monday.

Also MAG for the PS3 looks amazing I just wish I could get iinto the beta :(

im on the MAG beta and it is sweet game, the server times are a pain tho as it's limited.
I'll defo will be buying it as so different compaired to other types of war games. Just keeps you hooked.

yeah thats the thing with the xbox, getting banned. that would do my head in lol.
Got 2 days off myself from Tuesday, im meant to be doing some painting about the house. Sod that lol

im on the MAG beta and it is sweet game, the server times are a pain tho as it's limited.
I'll defo will be buying it as so different compaired to other types of war games. Just keeps you hooked.

yeah thats the thing with the xbox, getting banned. that would do my head in lol.
Got 2 days off myself from Tuesday, im meant to be doing some painting about the house. Sod that lol

lol sounds like you need to add me mate LordOfWar191 on PSN and Live :)

can you invite people into the beta I would be very greatful if you invite me is poss ???

i'll add you to my PSN, then we can kick some yank arse lol

ca't add you to MAG mate, you need to download the game via a beta key. it;'s over 2 gig as well, bloody pain in the ass to download lol

I have got my email from hmv this morning telling me they are processing the order. They aim to have it with me the day before or on day of release im not fussed as ive ordered the prestige edition for my son for xmas.

Back