iPod music downloads

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there any way of getting music for an ipod for free like you can for mp3 players its for one of my many grandchildren

thanks

edogg

I don't know thats why i asked my granddaughter is only 10

edogg

I'd like to know this too...looking at getting one for my daughter for christmas, but not if I have to buy all the mp3s that I already have here.

Do you have to use this iTunes? Or is it a simple drag and drop like any other hard drive mp3 player?

Yes is the short answer

what i do is got into Edit > Preferences > Import Settings and change the default format from AAC to MP3. Then, run iTunes, and do File > Add Folder to Library and point it to your current MP3 collection.

dead easy. people always moan about iTunes but it works spot on for me but there's also lots of alternatives out there now - i've never bought a thing from the iTunes store

Yes is the short answer

what i do is got into Edit > Preferences > Import Settings and change the default format from AAC to MP3. Then, run iTunes, and do File > Add Folder to Library and point it to your current MP3 collection.

dead easy. people always moan about iTunes but it works spot on for me but there's also lots of alternatives out there now - i've never bought a thing from the iTunes store

Cheers - Thast's exactly what I wanted to hear....although it means I have to shell out for one now...so maybe it wasn't what I wanted to hear after all :)

ok thanks for the info so she can dowload mp3's and then import them into itunes

edogg

ok thanks for the info so she can dowload mp3's and then import them into itunes

edogg

yes - just change the default import format to mp3 so it doesn't re-convert it and make extra copies of it

No need to cross your fingers, MP3's from anywhere work just fine in itunes / ipod / iphone

Back