Mp3, m4a

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Can somebody explain what the difference is between these two types of files ?

I have a Mondeo Titanuim X 12 plate it has the Sony Dab radio with single cd with ipod interface,usb interface and BTooth interface.

I listen to a lot of audio books and have noticed that many of the newer ones i acquire when i copy them to either cd or usb stick i get "invalid file" on the head unit. They play ok in the Mrs car :grayno: they also play fine on pc in vlc or windows media player.

The Garage have assured me the unit has the latest firmware and all their test files work.

I have looked at the files properties and there is nothing i can see different with the files that do play, i have reduced the length of the file names to 1.mp3 and 2.mp3 in case it was file name length.

If i convert the files from mp3 to m4a with Fairstars audio converter pro with the standard default settings the m4a files work ok on a usb stick or cd.

Ok i can listen but it takes time to convert but i want to know what the difference is and why it doesnt work.

I have tried to get the spec sheets from ford and/or sony sh*t its like pulling teeth neither are very helpfull.

Here is hoping there is somebody on DW that has an answer, i can upload an mp3 that works and mp3 that doesnt and a converted mp3 to m4a if it would help.

Back