Moving to external SD Card

The Bouncer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, got the little man a tablet for crimbo and he has filled up the internal storage but got around 12GB free on a external SD Card but I have tried searching for a app to move these apps to the SD card but cannot find anything? Any help would be appreciated

Get app2sd of play store mate. Free and works fine

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Or else goto Settings-Apps then scroll down the list and click on one you like to move,it will then open another window and you can chose "Move to SD card" option from there,

this wont work with every app but it will do a lot of them :)

Thanks for the help lads but already tried both of these options. Is there a app that will install these straight onto the external SD cause being 5yrs old he just wants to download everything he sees lol

The SD Card that it is moving to using these apps is the internal SD Card which the memory is full only 2GB hence the 14GB SD Card, but cannot find anyway to transfer it to the External SD?

Last edited:
Hiya mate, i recently got a samsung tablet and been trying to figure this out aswell, none of the usual stuff worked, ive just downloaded a app called directory bind, just moved my first app from internal to external storage and app is still working, i had to manually move it though, there might be a way to set it up so it uses a certain path to install stuff straight to external sd card im not sure, literally just downloaded it, might be abit tricky and mess about for a 5 year old though , i was reading on another site about a modified app2sd card app , you add a script or something , not looked into that properly though so not sure whats involved, heres you tube video i used to use directory bind,

Ive only had android few weeks though so there may be another lot easier way of doing it, im still playing and learning everything still at minute, but may help you, thanks

There is no way to actually install the app directly to the SD and even when you move it it's not in it's entirety as some content still needs to remain on the root.

App2SD is the most common though, although not that noticeable for me as my tab is 32GB as is my SD.

How big is the internal storage? Takes a lot to fill that as apps are usually only a few mb

Last edited:
what you need is called link2sd after you get it look on modaco for the instructions to format your sd card then any app downloaded is automatically moved to the sd card and runs from there I have orange monte carlo and a 32gb sd card with hundreds of apps on it

what you need is called link2sd after you get it look on modaco for the instructions to format your sd card then any app downloaded is automatically moved to the sd card and runs from there I have orange monte carlo and a 32gb sd card with hundreds of apps on it

Will this work for a tablet though as tablet memory is actual an SD card and as such gets treated like the SD card in your phone when trying to move apps?

Back