' Move', worth getting?

daveleebond

Inactive User
Reaction score
The till at tesco spat out a £6 off £30 voucher, so was thinking of getting the move starter pack @ £39.

All the current move games seem to work now:

Time crisis
Racquet sports
Eyepet
That kung fu one
That sports one
Resident evil gold

So is it worth it?

i have said no as we have a wii but if you not got a wii then it could be some fun

Right now no, as ever you pay for the technology at first.

But the Move itself looks to be excellent for what it is....my mum was watching QVC the other day and they were promoting PS Move and I clocked it and noticed the movement on it was precision exact wherever the rep's hand was moving in the real was where the pointer was on screen on their telly. Hard to explain but to sort of see the 1/1 tracking in motion it is impressive.

Those that already have Move be safe in the knowledge that it will become a mainstay over time because most games will support it in some way. And be better for it. But at the minute the games simply aren't there for the most part and the ones that are ain't great for the most part. But that'll all change.

Personally I'm waiting before I purchase it, not necessarily for a price cut nor more support it's just I've other things to buy at the minute. I will be getting it but not until into the new year I don't think.

i have it and use it quite a lot. its very impressive technology. but as mentioned, there is a lack of games just now.

it is far far superior to the wii.

another thing to be aware of, is if u have a hacked ps3, and its the only ps3 u have. then u will be stuck with the current move compatible games only. as all games released from next month will require 3.50 firmware. there is currently no way to get around this.

is if u have a hacked ps3, and its the only ps3 u have. then u will be stuck with the current move compatible games only. as all games released from next month will require 3.50 firmware. there is currently no way to get around this.

Off topic but it seems to me like hacking the PS3 is only worth it if you have a second console to keep up to date with. I sometimes wonder if all this free game stuff is worth all the hassle nowadays...for me sometimes it is (Wii softmod) other times it's not (PS3/360/blu ray) all it comes down to for me is a matter of convenience. 9gb-20gb per download on average just isn't for me. In that case I'd rather buy the product nicely packaged it's not like they're uber expensive so for me at least convenience outweighs the price.

When it works it's great but if there is too much light in the room the camera can't see the orb and it looses tracking.

Off topic but it seems to me like hacking the PS3 is only worth it if you have a second console to keep up to date with. I sometimes wonder if all this free game stuff is worth all the hassle nowadays...for me sometimes it is (Wii softmod) other times it's not (PS3/360/blu ray) all it comes down to for me is a matter of convenience. 9gb-20gb per download on average just isn't for me. In that case I'd rather buy the product nicely packaged it's not like they're uber expensive so for me at least convenience outweighs the price.

for me its about the faf of messing around. yeah i like not paying but if it is a good game that i really like i will get it on origional. i got my ps3 for the hack and have put a few games on there but havent played on it properly as im on my 3rd season of f1 on my 360. the blu ray gets a kicking though

almost forgot to say the move is good i have time crisis and its good. im waiting for the gun attachment to arrive and those terrorists are really going to get it. sports champions is pretty good too the duel one makes you get a sweat up. over all i think the move shows great promis and the games a trickling out now so happy days

for me its about the faf of messing around. yeah i like not paying but if it is a good game that i really like i will get it on origional. i got my ps3 for the hack and have put a few games on there but havent played on it properly as im on my 3rd season of f1 on my 360. the blu ray gets a kicking though

Yeah that's what I mean typically there's a lot of fecking about involved to get to playing your chosen games on current consoles bar the Wii, with the Wii it's all software based and you might want to update your IOS revisions once every 6 months or something daft and that's it as most of the new big game releases (previously) surprisingly don't require a new IOS to play so I've noticed.

Plus when you've got a hacked machine it's easy to pirate everything going and end up with a ton of shit that you never play. Whereas when purchasing originals I've found that you tend to put more thought into whether or not something's worth a punt or worth keeping.

Only machine that's hacked in my house is the Wii which I'd softmodded and all I've got on it is a lean and mean list of the mainstay games - Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc. I used to have loads but never played them. ;)

I am not sure yet. I have trouble getting far enough away from the tv to get it to work effectively, and you have to "stay" in one spot for the camera to recognise you and work properly.
The wii games were also a little bit more "fun" in my opinion.
I still enjoy it and think like the console itself it will improve with time. But I wouldn't rush out to buy it if I were you.
Wizbit77

I may have read incorrectly but I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that the camera might struggle under natural lighting conditions, because the technology depends on picking up the coloured lights as and when it obviously would have a much easier time of it under darker conditions than lighter ones. On the other hand this is hearsay information from me and not my own first hand experience so take that which a pinch of salt. Could be true, could be dogshit.

hubby's xbox died recently so he got ps3 with the move my daughter traded some wii games in for start the party she loves the fact she can see herself on tv(she's 11 yr old) lol and the fact with different games your holding same remote but on tv they have different objects etc a bat or a sword a razor depends on the game your playing you don't get that with a wii in game play

the psmove is awsome , if the ps3 never had a motion control i wouldnt have bothered buying another ps3 ( my 3rd one )

well i bought one, well rather my parents are buying it for me for xmas, I'm just making sure it works at the mo.

I am very impressed with it, lovin TimeCrisis and Shoot, have all the rest of the move games but just hammering these two at the moment.

BUT, whoever designed the PSEye camera doo-dah needs fking shooting, it refuses to sit on top of my LCD, have tried sticky double sided foam tape but when the LCD gets hot it flings off. I now have to fork out another 8 quid for this LCD clamp thingy, think its made by 3rd party crown, that supposed to fix this.

well i bought one, well rather my parents are buying it for me for xmas, I'm just making sure it works at the mo.

I am very impressed with it, lovin TimeCrisis and Shoot, have all the rest of the move games but just hammering these two at the moment.

BUT, whoever designed the PSEye camera doo-dah needs fking shooting, it refuses to sit on top of my LCD, have tried sticky double sided foam tape but when the LCD gets hot it flings off. I now have to fork out another 8 quid for this LCD clamp thingy, think its made by 3rd party crown, that supposed to fix this.

dont bother with the bracket mate try this it works perfectly for me Link

Back