Motorised dish and VU+ Solo 2

mariner

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help, my motorised dish won't move from 28.2. I'm running the latest Blackhole image, I've set up Tuner A with Tuner B as loopthrough. I'm using catseye motor bouquet. My settings are as follows:

Configuration mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner
Longitude and Lat have been entered and I have a pic on 28.2

I've tried the latest VIX image too, same problem. When I select a satellite other than 28.2 (where it was pointing before), the dish doesn't move although the onscreen graphic shows the dish is moving.

Any ideas?

why you loopthrough do you only have one feed do you have tuner A to the motor from box and tuner b from to lnb

Last edited:
I only have one feed. I'm out and about at the moment. Do you know what I should do please?

put tuner A as power from the box to motor and run one from lnb to motor

You have not said which input port you have connected the coaxial cable to.I suspect there is a mismatch between what you have connected to the input and what you have set it up as.

The loop through is software based and does not require a cable between port 1 and 2. There is no physical loop out port. It will allow you to do more than just a single feed. I can't remember if it is the same quadrant or same transponder that you gain.

Someone had a similar issue and if IRC you had tuner B for the motorised and A as the looped in. Not sure if this still applies.

Cheers for the help.

My coaxial cable is connected to tuner 1. I only have the one cable, I've tried setting tuner 2 as motorised - in fact I think I've tried all combinations but still the dish won't move. It works okay with my technomate 5402.

Does anyone know what I should set the tuners up as?

Have you tried sending the motor to '0' position with the TM5402 and then disconnecting and connecting up the solo2 and tried from there

Please post screen shots of both tuner configurations. You can take screenshots using the web interface.

or use vu player if you have android phone to take screenshot

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Appreciate your time.

Attachments

• IMG_1399[1].JPG
    IMG_1399[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Could i ask why there are no co-ordinates set in the USALS positioner settings and are left standard

I've added my longitude / latitude so it isn't left as standard (can see what you are thinking though). It just happens my longitude is 0. My latitude is correct for my location.

Just worked out how to use openwebif, so sorry about camera pics!

No need to apologise. At least we did not get a reflection of you semi naked. You will learn to stream to PC next.

Anyway, you said your coaxial is connected to tuner 1, however your settings show it at connected to tuner 2. Disconnect coax from tuner 1 and connect to tuner 2. Leave settings as they are.

Ha, I've worked out how to stream to PC now. Been putting messages on the screen for the missus from my PC!!

It's in tuner 2, was anyway since I've been playing around with it today. I just can't get the satellite dish to move. Am I right in thinking installing a channel list should 'install' the satellite positions too? I've had a TM5402 for a week or two but this is a bit different to my Spiderbox 9000.

USALS means that receiver calculates the positions and sends the motor to location. There is no storing of positions. Obviously this depends on motor having been set for USALS correctly. Otherewise minor adjustment or altering of co-ordinates.

Background info.
Provided your satellites.xml file has the satellites contained and you have not said yes to "remove no longer configured satellites", you can still move the motor using the receiver or scan.

To do:
Transfer Vhannibal's list and test your motor moves to show channels. Download from http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/enigma-2-channel-lists.html or his site directly.

I've done that, again I get the flashing satellite dish in the top right corner but the dish doesn't move. I tried choosing a channel on Sky Italia.

Lets take a different approach. Disable one tuner ( set as not configured) and only test one at a time. If it does not work on the current tuner, try on other one.

Bugger me, it's working. I disabled the loop in tuner! Cheers, thanks!! But I'll only be able to record the channel I'm watching. This is weird.

UPDATE: It won't move back now when I select Sky Sports 1. Grrrrr!!!

Last edited:
Back