MOTO GP for 2009

jb6801

Inactive User
Reaction score
Found this on another forum and if you watch the bikes like me, it will be of interest to you.
If its already been posted please delete it (i couldn't find it on a search).

2009 (provisional) MotoGP
12 April Qatar, Losail
26 April Japan, Motegi
3 May Spain, Jerez
17 May France, Le Mans
31 May Italy, Mugello
14 June Catalunya, Barcelona
27 June Netherlands, Assen
5 July United States, Laguna Seca
19 July Germany, Sachsenring
26 July Great Britain, Donington
16 August Czech Republic, Brno
30 August United States, Indianapolis
13 September San Marino, Misano
20 September Hungary, Lake Balaton
4 October Portugal, Estoril
18 October Australia, Phillip Island
25 October Malaysia, Sepang
8 November Spain, Valencia

JB.

Made it a sticky mate ;) I can never remember them either ;)

I've gone so far as to put them on the calendar in the kitchen so the wife and kids know not to bother me on those days or plan owt in for me!

I'm looking forward to it already....

JB.

are we ready for tonite then whose gonna nab the first race of the season rossi for me.

Hell of crash for u know who and that bike didn't half travel with no rider even though it was on gravel.

Cancelled due to torrential rain....is that because they dont have window wipers.........:Laugh:

The Doctor would have won anyway (imho)

Cancelled due to torrential rain

S**t, s**t. s**t, was really looking forward to this too, shoot the muppets who thought to run this thing so late at night, will hopefully be run tommoz. Gotta agree Jaffa, the Doctor to win but wanna see him pushed, makes for good racing.

From MOTO GP .COM

A rare rainstorm at the Losail International Circuit on Sunday evening saw the first MotoGP race of the year put back to Monday at 9pm local time.

would that be 5.00pm our time? and will there be a feed?

Poor start for Rossi,delayed behind his teammate and too much to do.Stoner really that good or has Rossi began to lose it!

Stoner is good and don't forget he has won on that track 3 years running now and i think it suits the Ducati well.
But don't write off The Doctor just yet.

Stoner is good and don't forget he has won on that track 3 years running now and i think it suits the Ducati well.
But don't write off The Doctor just yet.
gona be hard to beat the computer that controls Stoner's bike, the man, not so much.
watching the telemetry from the bikes during the GP, is quite enlightening. Stoner, if things are good, has three throttle settings, 1/4, 1/2 and full, the on-board comp sorts out when the power is given, not the twist grip. if things go wrong he has to control it himself(see first part of last GP). when this happens you see the back wheel stepping out and big slides and wobbles and he falls towards the back.

I'd like to see them both on a Suzuki or Kawasaki, without the computer aided control. i bet the odds on Stoner would be bad. i know who i think would be first round any track.

not sure the Doctor will win the championship. but stoner cant hold a candle to him as a bike racer.

Cracking race again by Rossi yesterday, just wish Toseland could get his act together now.

Cracking race again by Rossi yesterday, just wish Toseland could get his act together now.

yeh JT is a bit of a let down. but the Doctor was on form. little Danny Pedrosa, if you consider he is not even training yet, did a terrific job. Stoner, once again, showed the problems he has, when he cant engage the auto pilot fully. only when he got a clear tack in front of him could he switch it full on, then he started making progress.

Anyone watch the Catalunya race ?, That last lap has got to be a classic in my book, How the hell does Rossi manage brake/overtake how he does is unbeliveable.

Anyone watch the Catalunya race ?, That last lap has got to be a classic in my book, How the hell does Rossi manage brake/overtake how he does is unbeliveable.

I am wondering the same thing,how did he overtake on the last lap ? I think he should be called "god",instead of "The doctor". :)

It was the best moto gp race i have seen to date.

I am wondering the same thing,how did he overtake on the last lap ? I think he should be called "god",instead of "The doctor". :)

It was the best moto gp race i have seen to date.

I agree, a race for the records. lol, anyone else surprised by Stoners illness? it was not mentioned till after the race, and he was fine on the grid, and just before. wtf happened to JT?

I agree, a race for the records. lol, anyone else surprised by Stoners illness? it was not mentioned till after the race, and he was fine on the grid, and just before.

Stoner looked sick at the end of the race. It might have somthing to do with the fact,that his Ducati does'nt seem to be any faster now than the yamahas. :)

Last year when Stoners Ducati ,was going down any long straight.He would be gone past Rossi's yamaha like a shot. ( and any other bike also)He could'nt get past the yamaha ,down the straight on sunday.So it seems to be that the yamahas are now as fast as the ducati.

Last edited:
Back