Monitor

Taff

Inactive User
Reaction score
I bought a 22 inch monitor because I had to read a lot of text from the screen for a course I was doing a while back.... turns out I needed glasses for pc use DOH !!!!! I think this monitor is too big for me so have decided to get rid of it for a smaller one (It has been handy for tv and dvd movie viewing)

How much do you think offer it for ? also do you think the flat screens are any good for watching dvd's and high speed graphic games ?

It is a iiyama Vision Master Pro 510

regards Taff

New price for the monitor would be sumtin around 500-600 Euros i guess. As it will still be in mint condition i think a price of 350-400 should be fair enuff.

Regarding that TFT monitor story with games and DVD:
Speaking for myself i'd stick with the CRT monitors, as they still produce smoother movement in high speed games and stuff.

I might be interested in a swap, what is the average size monitor members have ?

always thought 17 " would be about right or is that to small ?

if you get 2 mins spare post your monitor size please...

will prob go with crt like I said watch dvd's and play fast graphic games

regards

Taff

I use a 17 inch crt. Its ok for me I suppose, and dont think a 19 inch would be much different (still not see who shot me in moh :) ). But I wouldnt mind trying one out :) as I am a bit short of lamp oil like yourself m8 lol.

Cheers Diamon, so you use a 17 ", do you ever watch movies on it ?

regards Taff

Yeah m8 I have done in the past + sport etc through a sat tv card I used to have. Seem to remember the quality was quite good too. It was a little funny at first lol, but soon never noticed I was viewing on a monitor, so far into the movie :).

i have a 15" tft never had any problems with it watch movies and play highspeed games on it without a problem i wouldn't go back to a CRT you know what i seem to get less headaches now aswell hope this helps m8

Trigger what about viewing angles ? is it like a laptop and you have to view at the right angle or the picture is not viewable ?

regards

Taff

i too have have a 17" and also watch movies on it in bed, so i would say 17" is fine m8

I also have a 17" one m8

regarding the headache issue that is because the crt's flicker the tft ones do not.

so far I see most of you have gone for the 17 " monitor so i will prob do the same, I cannot decide yet if its going to be crt or tft, so far I think its going to tft , can you all give some feedback on movie playback and gaming please... plus and cons.... not really bothered which I get as I have space for it but seems more and more people going for the tft...

regards

Kevin

we got a 19" and 17" crt monitors, the kids generally watch movies on them both but i prefer the television screen 32".....im a bilnd tw*t.....lol

I got a Sony plasma home theatre £5000 in my living room, my kids watch all the cartoon networks all day, my missus watches soaps til about 10.00pm im lucky if I nget 1 or 2 hours of sport/ descovery/ csi etc..... so I am stuck with my pc viewing programs lol

dont seem fair some how lol

regards

Taff

get a projector m8 hook up to pc then you get whatever size you want medal of honour is brill when emeny are 5ft tall. lol

RABP said:
get a projector m8 hook up to pc then you get whatever size you want medal of honour is brill when emeny are 5ft tall. lol

Bet I still couldnt see the enemy roflmao. But I wanna try that now :Hit:
Need some white sheets (stainless ones) now lol

Use a 19" CRT, and won't swap it for a TFT :)
To reduce headache caused by flicker try to increase the refresh rate to somwhere 85 hz

i have an 18 TFT and wouldnt swap back to CRT.
there are other factors to consider but look for a TFT with a response rate of 15ms or less and even the fastest games look good :)
and if u can get a DVI monitor, so much the better.
Also Tv viewing and DVD playback is excellent

i use 2 x 17" with refresh rate at 85Mhz never get headaches from mon.

What is a DVI monitor ? , I bought a Sony SDM-HS73 today for £400 .. can still take back and change if there is a better monitor with DVI ?

I notice watching my Hauppage tv card that pictures are not so good.....

regards

Back