***modbo V2.1 Problem!!***

boyhhll

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there peepz, i just bought a modbo v2.1 from www.mrmodchip.com and insatalled the chip i get the ps2 boot and also reads on the screen modbo v2.1 however after that thre is a black screen and doesnt boot copied games, it boots only orignals, i was wondering whether the chip is a replica and not orignal as ive installed many and first time came across this problem, also the chip did look a bit diffrent to the diagrams, as there was a 3v connection and not a 3.3v shown on the diagram!!! can any one give any sort of recommendations!!!! also the writing of the letter on the mod chip looked a little dodgy!!!
my playstation 2 is a 30003R v5/v6 board!!!
cheers!!!

and the diagram i have got has got a 3v connection

hi mate i never do it just boots straight away normally

m8 you need to flash the chip to get it to play backups. but there is one way to find out to see if you have installed the chip properly turn on the ps2 while holding down the select butten on controller 1 and if you see on the screen DISEABLED MOdBO V2.1 its all ok but you have got to flash the chip m8 or it wont play backups.

here is a tut it sez you have to flash it

Last edited:
hi there mate thankz for the post however now only the games boot when it wanst to, or otherwise still black screen after it says p2s modbov2.1!!! any help, i still dont no how to flash it the guide doesnt show it thanks!!!

ok m8 you could check all your wire connections to see if there all ok. but it sounds like a disc prob to me m8 are you useing cheep discs try the game on another disc and see what happens i use ritek dvd-r

Back