Mobile Phones mobile phone for an OAP

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
guys phones now days are so small I'm looking for a mobile for my Mum (73) needs to have big buttons and screen

Anyone any ideas ?

guys phones now days are so small I'm looking for a mobile for my Mum (73) needs to have big buttons and screen

Anyone any ideas ?

hi mate i have an old nokia nothing fancy , but the tones are nice and loud and very simple to use , its in good nick and you can have it for free with charger if u want

Maplins do a sim-free big button phone specially for the hard of sight.

Got one for the my technophobic dad who is virtually blind and he has no problems using it. It also has 3 direct dial buttons which save looking the numbers up.

The only downside is SMS is a bit difficult as the letters are hard to see but seeing as my dad has never sent a text in his life no big issue for him.

I think they have them on offer at the moment as well.

I'm with Seedy. I gave my Dad my old 3210, and he gets on with it just fine. Ideal for him, and still readily available. (He's on his 3rd now, working on his allotment, and being a part time decorator he grubs them up a bit quick!)

Bear in mind this is a chap who is so technophobic he's scared of the remote control for his 500c! (True story!) Lol

Maplins do a sim-free big button phone specially for the hard of sight.

Got one for the my technophobic dad who is virtually blind and he has no problems using it. It also has 3 direct dial buttons which save looking the numbers up.

The only downside is SMS is a bit difficult as the letters are hard to see but seeing as my dad has never sent a text in his life no big issue for him.

I think they have them on offer at the moment as well.

also got this one for my dad for when he stays in his caravan.

programed the buttons for me my sister and my cousin so if anything happens we are just one button away my dad is nearly blind as well and can use it no problem.

also easy to charge as it is just like a cordless house phone

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=260922

* SIM-free - Not locked to individual network
* Extra large display
* Big buttons and comfortable size for ease of use
* Charging dock
* 3 direct dial memories
* Speakerphone
* Loud ringer, strong vibration and flashing light indicate incoming calls
* Caller ID
* Integrated torch
* Unique notepad on the rear of the handset

The big button mobile phone with its large vibrant display and big button interface is ideal for the elderly or people with poor vision. Its integrated flashing red light, strong vibration and extra loud ringer means you''ll never miss another call. The big button mobile features a unique notepad on the rear of the unit as well as all the usual features you''d expect from a mobile such as SMS text messaging, 100 name phonebook, alarm clock and caller ID. Supplied with handy charging dock.

Last edited:
Back