Mobile Phone companies who cold call

Spikeman

Inactive User
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but here's one that winds me up...

Your mobile phone rings and the caller introduces himself either representing your network or sometimes just a company name, but never ask for you by name. They then inform you that you that your contract is due for renewal and that they have lots of offers... blah... blah... blah...

I have then every few weeks on both my cells, even though one is a company one and the other has 6 months left of an 18 month contract!!!

I have started telling them I'm really interested and at some point in the conflab I ask them to hold as somene is at the door. I then leave the phone on the side - they normally only wait 5 minutes before realising I've waisted their time and run up their bill.

I get those, but to my landline and its usually asian people that call. What i do is confuse them. If they offer you a amsung d600, you try and sell them a samsung d700. Confuses the heck out them and runs up there bill.

"Sorry i've no d600's in at the moment but i can get gou a d700 on pay as u go"

with cold calls i always ask them to hold while i sort out the little un, then the best so far has been 1 hr ive gone back and said sorry not intrested, funny really were getting less of them now than ever
roy

roylovelock said:
with cold calls i always ask them to hold while i sort out the little un, then the best so far has been 1 hr ive gone back and said sorry not intrested, funny really were getting less of them now than ever
roy

Have to say, great idea. Think I might keep them on hold, could be like Banzai "Mr Shake Hands Man" how long will it go for :Clap:

the trick I do with cold calls, is try and sell them somethink.
someone called me up abt a mobile phone and I tryed to sell them my old car. If you do it well you get added to there avoid list then it won't happen again.

I found with walking away and coming back in a hour works here in the uk. But in india them guys make it a mission in life to call u make. so I make out I just don't speak good english.

roylovelock said:
roy

roy - you're not from essex are you? I know someone of same name that's all

Ask them if they are phoning using a mobile phone - if not tell them that if they have no faith in their own network or phone, why should you? ;)

shooiethemug said:
You can also register mobiles with TPS. I had the sam prob then registered and it's stopped

I have my house phone registered with TPS but never thought of registering my mobile. Good tip.

I have had two calls to my mobile in the past 2 weeks offering the same deals. I just hang up...can't be bothered even playing with them!

my pet hate is when they call you and let it ring once or twice and then hang up so you get loads of missed calls

These calls are so annoying! I had one last yr and thought I'd let the dude do his sales pitch... eventually i said im not interested and for his compnay to not call back.

He sighed! and then starting giving me attitude for "wasting his time" (what about mine?) and eventually starting going on about how ungrateful I am for living in England and him being stuck in India? I was shocked and was gonna shout back but he hung up on me!

These Call Are Annoying, Half The Time im doing something , so oi rush to the phone then hang up :Chainsaw:

ive been getting so many of these recently, today i got one and my dad picked it up, the guy wanted to speak to me but my dad picked it up, and asked wats the reason for the call, and obviously the guy selling phones, my dad just told them my son got 4 phones and he can't even pay the bill for one phone, hows he gonna afford another phone, the guy went 'oh ok' and he hang up. fecking twats:Chainsaw:

how can you stop these calls anyone got a website??

Back