Mini-Guide to get ALL CHANNELS WORKING

bildar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Before I start I know this works for ex-NTL and on EvoCAM and prior knowledge of how to login to your DBOX using FLASHFXP or any other FTP is a must.

Download BigMAQ toolbar to get latest keys for your area/or you must have another way of getting the latest keys to proceed to decrypt channels.

Depending on your image deactivate Auto-Update before you proceed and restart box

Login to DBOX folder VAR/KEYS and copy across the Keylist.txt to your computer

Open Keylist.txt with wordpad(preferred)/notepad

Now go back to your internet window and click on latest keys on the BigMAQ toolbar that you have installed, and write down the corresponding keys to your area there will be 2 one starting with 00 (This is stated as Key 0 on the BigMAQ toolbar) and the other 01 (This is stated as Key 1 on the BigMAQ toolbar)

Now overwrite the old keys with the new keys you in put them after the corresponding 00 or 01 in Keylist.txt and only the ones related to your area 5401 (exNTL) or 5A01 (exTelewest) you dont have to update all 4 keys as it depends on your area.

Save the file and transfer back to DBOX in folder VAR/KEYS and then right click on this fie and change charateristics CHMOD to read and execute for all the options once done close the connection and restart your DBOX and everything should be fine and working.

FOR THE TIME BEING YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THIS FOR EVERY KEY CHANGE UNTIL PERMANENT SOLUTION APPEARS, HOPEFULLY LOOKING AT HOW THE STARVIEW IS DEALING WITH THIS.

Any further input is appreciated, or if I have missed anything please inform me.

I downloaded and installed the BigMAQ toolbar on my pc but how do i find the latest keys ?

in the toolbar theres one that says LATEST KEYS lol maybee in there at a guess hehehe

Worked like a charm!!! Let's just hope some clever person can come up with a permanent fix in the near future!!!

Many thanks.

just look for the key sing and click it it will give u the choce of who you cable suplyer

Exellent instructions matey, just one thing.

I am using the commando image version 6 and on another box version 9.

Any ideas how to stop the auto update.

Thanks in advance.

Moe.

many thanks followed your instructions and have got channels back .:Clap:

fantastic guide m8, went through it step by step and got my nokia dbox working :Clap:
how long for i dont know ;)

respect

When you input the keys there are spaces between every 2 numbers,is that the way in which they must be put into the dbox?

re

Nice tut, just a few questions.

On my current Blade image my keylist was empty so I flashed an old Sportster image to my box and Ive dumped my key file below (should I have kept it off the stream?) and im wondering which of the lines I need to edit for a TW area.

5401 (exNTL) or 5A01 (exTelewest) but what about a TW?

Am I only interested in lines 1 and 2?

Any ideas?

line 1 N 5A01 00 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ROM10 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 19:01:33 2008
line 2 N 5A01 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM10 AU Key Time Wed Nov 7 12:02:06 2007
line 3 N 5401 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM7 AU Key Time Thu Jun 9 04:02:11 2005
line 4 N 5401 00 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM7 AU Key Time Thu Jun 9 04:02:11 2005
line 5 N 5A01 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM7 AU Key Time Wed Nov 7 11:00:50 2007
line 6 N 5A01 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM10 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 18:41:16 2008

Thanks

I live in Stockport and have a Nokia DBOX running a very old Sportster 1.6 uk01 image.

This is a mini-mini guide to let people know what is working for me at the moment as of 5:30pm (the footy is about to start, so I'm hoping nothing goes wrong):

Before I start I know this works for ex-NTL and on EvoCAM and prior knowledge of how to login to your DBOX using FLASHFXP or any other FTP is a must.

Ditto.

2. Thanks to trapex for this gem:

For those of you who's keys are changing on reboot try the following:

reboot so you have the latest NOT-working keys,
goto var/keys edit camd_cfg
edit line 19 (dreambox) or just below that for dbox(cant remember line number) and change from AU:[01} or AU:{02} change to AU:[00}
save the file

then reboot

goto var/keys
edit keylist.txt

now change to the latest keys.

and reboot

3. Download the bigmaq toolbar from here to get the latest keys:

link removed

4. These are the keys working for me at the moment:

Thanks to zzzz2

Hope it helps

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Exellent instructions matey, just one thing.

I am using the commando image version 6 and on another box version 9.

Any ideas how to stop the auto update.

Thanks in advance.

Moe.

i'm using commando too, so try the following,
press dbox button on remote, then
service,
service scan
then turn off 'section scan'

HTH

Im using ftp commander how do i do this step??....

"right click on this fie and change charateristics CHMOD"

When you input the keys there are spaces between every 2 numbers,is that the way in which they must be put into the dbox?

no spaces, should look like this.
N 5401 01 9128EFBS7B371FED
N 5401 00 46896D870724422F

re

ello

line 1 N 5A01 00 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ROM10 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 19:01:33 2008
line 2 N 5A01 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM10 AU Key Time Wed Nov 7 12:02:06 2007
line 3 N 5401 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM7 AU Key Time Thu Jun 9 04:02:11 2005
line 4 N 5401 00 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM7 AU Key Time Thu Jun 9 04:02:11 2005
line 5 N 5A01 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM7 AU Key Time Wed Nov 7 11:00:50 2007
line 6 N 5A01 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; ROM10 AU Key Time Wed Apr 9 18:41:16 2008

got the latest keys from bigmaq for tw but unsure which ones to over write

im being fick i think!

ta

Last edited:
Image andromeda used Flashfxp to upload key and changed the attributes however when I reboot Dbox, The channels are still blank, cam used:Evocam ucode 0014 ntl area:
when I go to the andromeda menu___> key options, : show public keys(evocamd) it only displays one public key 00
and not the other one that i Uploaded and i know i am in the correct diretory, on a side note rom7updates successful only on key 00, ( still doesnt work though) I even manually edited the key in the tuxbox commander saving, changes, it seems to me that either evocamd is reading an old keylist.txt or the one that i uploaded to the box and edited hasnt sucessfully
is this an issue with the andromeda image, evocamd prob ?
sorry re edited found out that the seems to be another keylist.txt in the same dirsctory it looks like the autoupdate key is causing this to happen how do i disabled this function

Last edited:
Image andromeda used Flashfxp to upload key and changed the attributes however when I reboot Dbox, The channels are still blank, cam used:Evocam ucode 0014 ntl area:
when I go to the andromeda menu___> key options, : show public keys(evocamd) it only displays one public key 00
and not the other one that i Uploaded and i know i am in the correct diretory, on a side note rom7updates successful only on key 00, ( still doesnt work though) I even manually edited the key in the tuxbox commander saving, changes, it seems to me that either evocamd is reading an old keylist.txt or the one that i uploaded to the box and edited hasnt sucessfully
is this an issue with the andromeda image, evocamd prob ?
sorry re edited found out that the seems to be another keylist.txt in the same dirsctory it looks like the autoupdate key is causing this to happen how do i disabled this function

FTP into dBox2 and right click on keyfile.txt. Scroll down to Attributes (CHMOD) and change permissions to 555. You're done.

Nice Tut i was gonna write one but you beat me to it

One idea im looking at is generating on large keylist.txt file with all the keys that have worked and rolled so far as i have noticed some people have left their boxes and they have worked later on...

Im thinking they may not be rolling the keys just switching between 3 or 4 form the past few days...

Just a theory..

The toolbar correctly displays the keys I need - they are the same as the ones I d/l'd earlier from the forum (working as at 4.00pm). This means the algo the browser toolbar uses must be correctly calculating the keys as they change. Can others confirm this is also the case for them.

If so, all that need be done is to substitute the algo from our images with the one being used in the toolbar. The keys should then also be correctly calculated by the image. Yes?

Anyone agree?

Back