Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 5000 £29.99 - RRP £54.99

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking for a new mouse and keyboard seen this Microsoft 5000 Series Wireless Keyboard and mouse at curries for £29.99, everywhere else is like £40 - £54 :)

Buy MICROSOFT Comfort Desktop 5000 Keyboard & Mouse Set | Free Delivery | Currys

SPECS
--------------------------------------------------------
[h=1]MICROSOFT Comfort Desktop 5000 Keyboard & Mouse Set[/h]

Enhance your desktop experience with the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 Keyboard and Mouse Setfrom Microsoft.

Fuss-free design

The Comfort Desktop 5000 features a comfort curve layout and quiet touch keys, your fingers will soon be reaping the benefits, and with the Taskbar Favourites function providing easy opening of applications and common tasks. The mouse is equipped with BlueTrack so you will get optimum reactions no matter what surface you are on.

Start your own workspace revolution, with the Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 Keyboard and Mouse Set from Microsoft.

Product code: 972084

What is BlueTrack?
B002JCSCYS_BT_logo.jpg
Microsoft’s proprietary BlueTrack™ Technology works in more places than both optical and laser mice.** To do this, BlueTrack Technology uses a wider and more uniform light beam and a better contrasting mechanism than laser/optical mice.
B002JCSCYS_BlueTrackCompare.jpg

Now track more accurately on:
B002JCSCYS_BT_granite.jpg

Granite
B002JCSCYS_BT_carpet.jpg

Carpet
B002JCSCYS_BT_wood.jpg

Wood
B002JCSCYS_linebreak.jpg

System Requirements:
  • Windows® 7/Windows Vista®/Windows XP (excluding XP 64-bit) and 100 MB
  • or Mac OS X v10.4 –10.5.x and 30 MB
  • CD-ROM
  • USB
  • 1 AA Alkaline Batteries (included)
B002JCSCYS_WHQL.jpg
*BlueTrack Technology does not work on clear glass or mirrored surfaces.
**Compared to leading laser and optical mice commercially available spring 2009.

[h=3]Product Description[/h]Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 - Keyboard - wireless - 2.4 GHz - ergono

--------------------------------------------------------

Nice find, been looking around a w/less set but the price of this one has me sold. Only problem is I just upgraded to win 8, fingers crossed it still works.

nice find, and price!

A word from experience here. ( I've used the above and below)

take a look at the Logitech mk350 desk set. (wave desk set)
it can be bought at about the same price.
but is vastly superior in terms of feel and durability. (that's both mouse and keyboard)

Well, I have to say the keyboard from the microsoft is taking some getting used to.

But the mouse is the most smooth easy to use mouse I have ever had!

For me a great investment.

Mick

Well, I have to say the keyboard from the microsoft is taking some getting used to.

But the mouse is the most smooth easy to use mouse I have ever had!

For me a great investment.

Mick

I agree, I'm very impresssed so far. I was concerned there maybe some install issues as I'm running win 8 but it was just a case of plug and play. Since my typing is so shit I doubt the keyboard will make much difference :)

I have to say, that I have been using this keyboard for about a week now and its starting to grow on me, all the short cut keys work straight out of the box, no setup, just plugged it in and away you go!!!

Best mouse I have had to be honest, they must have done some trials it seems like the weight is perfect, its not fly away weight and its not mega heavy, just right!, and very smooth operation from the movement and the middle wheel.

Thumbs UP

Mick

Glad I dropped in now, thanks, looking for a new keyboard.

Thanks

I have to say, that I have been using this keyboard for about a week now and its starting to grow on me, all the short cut keys work straight out of the box, no setup, just plugged it in and away you go!!!

Best mouse I have had to be honest, they must have done some trials it seems like the weight is perfect, its not fly away weight and its not mega heavy, just right!, and very smooth operation from the movement and the middle wheel.

Thumbs UP

Mick

Glad you are getting on with it!
I've been a Natural user for close to 2 decades.
and , for hand position, they are still the best.

it might be worth looking at something to protect the lettering on the keyboard.
mine, and many others reported, started to rub off even with light use.
on occasions after only a few months. (something to do with Ms using water based paints)
I've had good reports for the keyboard protectors sold on ?bay, Ama?on and in some shops.
but a coating of clear nail polish is said to help too.

lol, that's if you mind it happening though.

keep it well cleaned too, there are lots of big voids under the casing, and they get filled with fluff and stuff.
and take care of the dongle, you can not get replacements.
MS claim even another dongle from the same model will not work. (the jury seems to still be out on that one though. though the number for sale at rock bottom prices without one, seems to back it up.)

your comments have me looking to get myself a Lazer 8000. nice one!

Last edited:
Back