Microsim racebase R6 mk 11 racing cockpit system plans

crowman

Inactive User
Reaction score
here are the plans and instructions to build your kids a racing cockpit for the 360
if any one is interested

excellent post,got a router will try once i get me loft sorted
cheers chronoman

was going to reply to this then realised i did nearly a yr ago.lol
Still on the to do list i really need to get my shit together

I am going to translate this to CAD so i can cut on the CNC. Just what i need - light and easy to move and pack.

Hello All,

Has anyone built one of these yet? I am interested in how well designed it is and whether it is actually comfortable. I would imagine that the wooden "seat" to grow tiresome after more than 30minutes.

Not really a bad thing when it comes to kids but not so good when racing at an adult level...

Cheers

Placed the order for my Steering Wheel, and placed the order for MDF that i will be using to construct this beauty :) can't wait to have it all completed.. Will post some pictures as soon as i get it done

Nice design. I really like that it's adjustable. I wish I'd heard of the Rasebase before I started my build. I would have gladly bought the dxf. At least mine will be an original build.

I have a wheel just nothgin to mount it too.....this would be awesome especially if i can get it to work on the cnc machine.

Once the sim is finished does it weigh allot or fairly lightweight? i was going to put wheels on it to move it around easier and try to hang it up in hte shed ceiling when not in to keep the other half happy...

Did you ever find a set of plans?

Did you have any luck with these plans and a CNC machine compatable version?

Do these plans still exist?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a wheel just nothgin to mount it too.....this would be awesome especially if i can get it to work on the cnc machine.

Once the sim is finished does it weigh allot or fairly lightweight? i was going to put wheels on it to move it around easier and try to hang it up in hte shed ceiling when not in to keep the other half happy...

Did you ever find a set of plans?

Did you have any luck with these plans and a CNC machine compatable version?

Do these plans still exist?

Nah, doing my own thing. I think they stopped selling the plans. Don't have a CNC anyway, I would have just plotted it out for a template.

I have a seat from a Porsche Boxter, it will likely weight more than the whole rig. Using cabinet grade plywood should be lighter and stronger than MDF. Goes for about $35 for a 4' x 8' sheet which should be enough for the whole build. I'm basing my seat position and pedal placement on a Porsche Carrera S. I've been working on the build this week. Rig footprint should be about 20" x 56". I'll get some cheap furniture dollies to move it around on.

wow lads this is some cool stuff you got going on love it may have to give it a go myself my lads ed love one

This isn't too difficult to build. Took plans to FedEx office and got it printed out. Only real problem was the hardware - the barrel bolts and screws are very expensive and hard to find. (Got mine at Elliot's Hardware Store.)

It does require some special tools. You will need a spindle sander. I made one for my drill press. And you will need a few small ones that fit in a power drill.

The "teeth" are very tricky to make. The best I could do was to cut them roughly by hand and then sand them to shape.

Another trick to keep in mind is to stick the side pieces together with carpet tape. Then you can sand them to the final shape and they will be identical. And, most importantly, you can drill all the holes at the same time and they will all line up.

Another thing is to have your wheel and pedals before you start. That way you can make cardboard mock-ups of the panels that hold them and cut them to fit before you build them into the project. The part that holds the wheel is a very fussy part with lots of fiddley-bits that take a while to assemble.

Back