MicroSD Recording

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
New to these boxes and having issues setting up my 8gb kingston sd card to record my H.S and a 64gb kingston SD on my H2S. Both boxes have been flashed with VIX.

I always format my storage with mini tool partition wizard to EXT4. Just insert and reboot, the card is showing but no record function.

Am I missing something?

Ive also tried formatting to FAT32 and initialising device but it just hangs at 50%

I just put my micro card in unformatted and let the box initialise/format it ; same with my ssd -- but that not much help to you !!

i think you need to into mount settings and select "use this device as a hardrive" before you initilise and format to ext 4

epg is working as didn't realise it mounts to media/mmcblk....

Ive went into recording settings and changed it to media/mmcblk/movie, made sure permissions for movie folder are 755, reboot but still no recording function. Is there something else that needs changed?

Anybody got recording working by microsd on these boxes?

Anybody got recording working by microsd on these boxes?

I did, but a 16gb card only gave me 30 mins recording ! -- so I now have a 500gb hard drive. As I said in my earlier thread, I just put it in the box, initialised, and it worked (16gb SanDisk).
Have read elsewhere that people were having problems recording to microsd - recommendation was to try a different make.

Hard drive is much better. I got 320GB (2.5) for £21.
Works brilliant.
Takes around 30 mins to format to EXT4 then just do initialisation then mount it.

Back