messiah still not working

IANB

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
my m8 installed the mes2 on my ver 3.
He has triple checked all cons and meter tested for continuity and shorts.
He is a compitent tech so i dont doubt his ability to do this.
However its not working.
It goes to browser on all disc type and asks for a master ps1 or ps2 disc then does fook all else. If you dissable the chip by holding in the button etc then the ps2 behaves as a normal ps2.
I have read that there are faulty messiah2 chips . Is this true and can anybody suggest anything?
I bought the chip from mrmodcips who i have emailed to ask him if he knows anything about a faulty chip.
Im getting pretty desperet now as my lad is giving me major greif so any help will be most welcome.
Thanx guys.

Faulty chips are always a possibility. After spending a while working in electronics I have seen all sorts of programmable devices go faulty or do strange things.

Maybe it hasn't been programmed at all, a lot of programming still relies on someone sitting in front of a programmer with tubes of chips, faults will occur :(.

could also be a bit loose solder due to the heat i know when my m8 got his done he was told that sometimes they work 1st time sometimes they go off the following day due to a dry joint.

my m8 has been getting his sons done with a messiah 2 chip and for some reason it won't play ps2 cdrs but will play ps1 cd-rs has any1 any clues on this

could be laser calibration m8 as i think there are two calibration pots one for cd based and one for dvd based. Im sure one of the more expeirenced guys might have a better idea.

i wouldent go messing about with the calibration pots if i were you {the only true way of adjusting the pots is with a oscilloscope} the laser would burn out in a matter of hours or days if you over adjusted {sony calibrate these pots to extend the life of there shitty crap lasers}---there is a way of doing it useing a multi meter {but i dont want to be responsible for someone knackering there laser so you will have to find this info yourself}

ian if i was chipping a ps2 ver3 and it dident work {the first thing i would suspect would be the "laser"} if i knew all the connections were ok {if its had a new laser fitted then it has to be the modchip}----the older the ps2 the more wear and tear on the laser unit {just because it plays originals ok without the modchip fitted doesent mean to say it will play backups with the mod done {the laser has to do a lot more work trying to read backup copies moreso with the dvd backups}

a telltale sign of laser wear is a noise from the laser houseing when you load up a copie
{you might be able to sort this by adjusting the height screw slightly on the laser sled bar}

the last chip i fitted wouldent work because of laser wear {copies or originals wouldent bootup with the chip fitted {yet it went back to normal with the chip disconnected ??}

if you think your m8 is compitent enough to fit the chip then checkout the laser unit before buying another chip.

the very first ps2 i chipped wouldent work so i blamed the chip {IT TURNED OUT TO BE A BAD CONNECTION}

Out of interest Benny, do you have any more info on adjusting the LASER with a 'scope. I have been asked to fit a couple of chips recently but have been putting it off :).

Spectre said:
Out of interest Benny, do you have any more info on adjusting the LASER with a 'scope. I have been asked to fit a couple of chips recently but have been putting it off :).

never had to adjust the lazer pots myself spectre , allways adjusted the height of the laser, shortens its life.

the file is to big to upload "its over 3 meg", will i be able to email it to you

Thanke m8, I don't have a big enough email account though :(.

I'm not in a hurry for it :).

i will try and break it up into small rar files ----------iwill post it here when i figure out how to do it.

Busy weekend, sorry guys I had to go away!

Rith Mesiah 2 could just be Laser probs. Dont go DMS3 because your Messiah 2 isnt working, get it checked first.

Messiah 2 is the best all rounder, DMS3 looked good and does the job but i think it is a novelty now(it sucked me in, but it does do the job) but messiah 2 is the best if your laser is ok.

Cheers guys.

it was bought on release day so it was the first one out me thinks ill buy a new one Prechipped

Back