Media Centre no longer detects TV Card

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
It used to work a while ago... never used it for a while but want to use it again and it itsn't having any... just says no tv tuner is detected on my PC.

Looking around sounds like a common problem but no solutions to seem to work...

Any ideas? Tried reinstalling, driver updates etc... no joy!!!

post some details m8 and i might be able to help what dvb card have you got?

It's a Creatix SAA7131... T-D and S. I installed CyberLink Power Cinema and the freeview software in there works with the card no problem.

In MC, you goto the settings > tv > tune channels. When you click on tv the loading icon stays on the screen but you can still select tune channels. Comes up with a this will reset your channel list or something, press ok, and then a message saying no tv tuner is detected on my PC!

I think MC might be corupted now if my card is working with PowerCinema.

After hours and hours of looking, everything seems to point towards codec errors.

Installed GSpot and found there was a couple of codecs that were broken... Got rid of them then.

Then installed MCE Diagnostic Tool and it is saying there is a problem with a couple of video and audio codecs that are not compatible...

Not sure where to go from here, can anyone offer any advice?

what os are you running mate? i have a full codec pack for win 7 there is also a tool that shows you what codecs you have installed but cant remember what its called will try and find it

what os are you running mate? i have a full codec pack for win 7 there is also a tool that shows you what codecs you have installed but cant remember what its called will try and find it

It's a Vista. Think I've given up on it now mate. Looking on the net there are thousands of people with the same issue and the only fix is to reinstall. There are someother little fixes that worked for other people, but I have tried them all and non of them worked.

I will try anything you think might help though.

Back