Max users on a DM500 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh4tri

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have 20 peers, but max active is always about 12-13 max at any one time

is 20 active users the max, or can a dm500 take about 25??

do any of your clients complain about glitching or does it all run fine with that amount on!

So far no complaints. But just wanted to know what the max active can be. Trial and error I guess but wanted to know if anyone gas had over 20 active clients and experienced any issues

if your using a 500s as a server do not have any sat feed going into it and always keep it in standby, that way your box will be using its processor for nothing other than running cccam. have a dedicated modem for it also and ensure you reboot modem,router and box at least once a day.

if your using a 500s as a server do not have any sat feed going into it and always keep it in standby, that way your box will be using its processor for nothing other than running cccam. have a dedicated modem for it also and ensure you reboot modem,router and box at least once a day.
didnt know ya could keep the box in standby mode and the cccam would still run, im using a 500c.

A DM500 will handle 20+ peeers without any problems the trick is to limit how much you receive and reshare, look to reduce the amount of hops you are using, and filter out cards you do not need.

A DM500 will handle 20+ peeers without any problems the trick is to limit how much you receive and reshare, look to reduce the amount of hops you are using, and filter out cards you do not need.
how many then if all you have is 1 subscription card in server with no reshares to any of the clients!

I wouldnt run any more than 25, start going over that and it goes downhill.

I wouldnt run any more than 25, start going over that and it goes downhill.
so how does a payserver work compared to say a home network, how can they have so many people on at any time, do they have say 10 subbed cards all with 25 people on as to not ruin the picture/glitching.

they use a dedicated linux based PC with card readers attached where one card is good for about 200 connections if all cached properly

a well configured newcs on a dm500 will run 42 connections before it starts really struggling

i did not know, box could be kept in standby mode, thought it had to be switch on all the time. Wow gonna be putting it in standby when i get home

thanks

i will push up to 25 peers no more and if any problems, then will reduce one by one

didnt know ya could keep the box in standby mode and the cccam would still run, im using a 500c.

How do you use a 500c as the server mate? How is this connected to your 500s??

cheers mate

How do you use a 500c as the server mate? How is this connected to your 500s??

cheers mate
my server just has a f line, 500s a c line,and it just shares internally from the router to the other box!

Last edited:
Are both boxes connected to the router or each other?? Whoch box is the card in? Probably obvious lol

Are both boxes connected to the router or each other?? Whoch box is the card in? Probably obvious lol
both boxes are connected to the router via ethernet cables, the card is in the 500c server!

You can do more than 25 up to 40 as DD said, but doing so increases the risk of problems on big match days when your gonna have too many clients on the same channel, so i'd say 25 is a good ceiling, for this box anyway.

Goig to close this.
When people start talking about 20 people plus then I start to think trader.

Traders will be banned so please be careful what you say in open forum if you wish to remain as a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back