Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Masturbation may protect against prostate cancer says Aussie study

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
New research suggests frequent masturbation may protect men against prostate cancer in later life.
The Australian study questioned more than 2000 men about their past sexual habits as part of a prostate cancer study.
It indicated men who ejaculated more than five times a week were a third less likely to develop prostate cancer, reports the news.com website
"What we found was men who ejaculated most in their twenties, thirties and forties had about a third less prostate cancer risk than men in the lowest category of ejaculation," said Professor Graham Giles, head of cancer epidemiology at the Cancer Council Victoria.
"The men who were the high performers in terms of ejaculating had a third less prostate cancer risk than men who were in the lowest category of ejaculation."
He said one explanation for the apparent beneficial effects of self-pleasuring was that frequent ejaculation prevented semen from building up in the ducts, where it could potentially become carcinogenic.
Prof Giles said previous reports had found an increased risk of prostate cancer among prisoners and Roman Catholic priests.
Prof Giles said the study may have implications for prostate cancer patients who grew up at a time when the practice was frowned upon.
"I really think that masturbation is a quite normal human activity, and if the habit can also be shown to be healthy and beneficial, why not?"

so the next time johnnys mum catches him having a w*nk he has a good excuse lol

guess what I doing as a youngster?
It sure as hell mus,nt have been you know what--
as I have the bloody thing now--!!!
CHEERS Arthur

Back